Thursday, November 03, 2005

Day 34

Marge: "I guess, at times like these, all you can do is laugh"
"....."

* * *

Millhouse: "Everythings coming up Millhouse!"

Using the top quote to describe some things today re: money.
The reason for the second quote will be obvious to one. Y'all others will just have to read on.

Not much happening today. Finished breakfast around 9:30, did my assignment till 12:30, though pretty much still on the same book as yesterday.

Then, I had to drive out to the college building to swap my two 1 Chronicles books for the equivalent two 2 Chronciles books. Did that without too much fuss.

Then I had lunch, and brought in the mail. I wouldn't normally mention bringing in the mail, 'cept I there was a package which surely had to be my AOEII. I decided I shouldn't open it, should wait till like after my assignments done. But it didn't feel like a game, so I opened it. And there was no game, it was just the strategy guide. So, I checked the link on ebay, and, although it doesn't explicitly say in the ad, up the top, under 'category' it is under strategy guides. So, I paid $30 for like this book what you'd get with the game anyway? Yes. Hence the top quote. I bid on the game again, currently at $33. Yes, its definitely the game, this time.

So after that, I had a closer look at my credit card internet statement, which is starting to bring through the itunes invoices, and it seems theres an extra one for $1.69. But:
  1. I have no way of knowing, for sure, that I didn't order an extra song
  2. Its not as if I can get anything seriously done for $1.70
As V would say, 'It's all coming up Joe'. Hence the second quote.

Watched a tiny bit more of Mulholland Falls. They finally introduced John Malkovitch as the untouchable army general guy. There was a bit there which bore uncanny echoes to A Few Good Men. The movies still not anything great though. Except there was a scene where machine guns shot up a house. That was nice.

Continued my assignment after lunch. Was doing pretty well, considering what my afternoons are usually like. Had a little nap, but managed to work pretty much till about 4-4:30.

Did Manadarin lesson 19 at about 5. Again, did pretty OK. I guess.

Did some more ruthless adjusting to my ipod. Removed quite a few Hillsong songs, and a few U2 ones. Added a few Coldplay ones. Its still got a little bit of space, now. Which is great.

Watched more Mulholland Falls while eating my leftover dinner. Began to see the emergence of some kind of plot, but its still very so-so. And John Malkovitch hasn't had any more lines, despite being referred to a lot.

Did a bit more of my assignment between 7:30 and 10, but not much. I've finished 4 books and have started on the 5th. But I don't see how I'm gonna be able to finish the whole thing by tommorrow.

Watched the Ghost in the Shell just before going to bed, with its glorious theme tune. Ah... I really need to get that CD. Who cares how much it is? Its not as if it compares to spending, like, $60+ for AOEII. *sigh*

It's all coming up Joe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home