Monday, October 31, 2005

Day 30

Homer: "A gun is NOT a weapon, Marge - its a tool. Like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or......an alligator."

Was on ushering today, for some reason. Probably a good thing, in the end, since there was, like, nobody else.

Went for lunch at Foo Wah, cos V told me to. I told him about my problem re: stupid IE (see yesterday), and V recommended I use this Mozilla Firefox instead, which I currently am. I've already found two problems, though:
1) the games on Zone.com don't work
2) for some reason, there doesn't seem to be the listening pop-up on Amazon.com (only the Windows Media and Real Player) - but that might be just coincidence that none of the ones I've looked at have the option - but that seems really unlikely.

I ended up winning AEOII for $30.50, so there you go. I paid for that, but had to use direct deposit cos there was no paypal option - so it may take even longer to get here.

I finished watching Thirteen Ghosts in the morning - like virtually all horror films, the ending was stupid, made no sense, and was very not scary. Why did all the ghosts just disappear when released, even though some before had been terrorising people (ie, the guy in the junkyard at the start)? And why did they only show, like, 5 ghosts (if that) out of the thirteen? etc, etc.

I also watched Laws of Attraction just before the Simpsons, which I had seen the ending of before. A very typical romantic comedy - funny in parts, but ultimately quite forgettable. As evidenced by the fact that I'd forgotten I'd seen the ending before.

Went out for dinner to Hippo Creek (the 1kg steak place, though no-one ordered that), I think partly for H's birthday, which is tommorrow. I had a steak and ribs - the steak was OK, the ribs were super. But, unfortunately, it was too much, so I ended up not enjoying it as much as I would have had there been less. As usual, the meal conversation ended on the subject of toilets.

Then went to watch In Her Shoes at Innaloo. Quite a gratifying show, in that most of the laughs were based on character humour, which had been built up rather seriously at the start. My main qualm was that Toni Collette was re-visiting Muriel way too much in the wedding sequence at the end. It was interesting to see Cameron Diaz in a role which was, primarily, quite serious - a similar character to what she played in Vanilla Sky, but with more substance (in the end, at least).

It is getting almost too much for me now to drive past the intersection of Hay Street and Underwood Road, that which leads to Challenge Stadium. For the past 10 months it has filled me with an excitement, which is irritating cos its so far away. Now, its more towards making me sad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home