Day 27
Lisa: "Tell Bart to stop squeaking his chair"
Homer: "Bart, stop squeaking that chair. If you must do anything, click this pen"
(Bart starts clicking pen)
Homer: "That looks like fun"
(takes out pen and starts clicking)
Homer: "Race ya. Lisa, you play winner"
Homer: "That was a great game. First, Bart was winning, but then he said 'this is stupid' and stopped and I won!"
Well, didn't get time to play my sax. The cuplrit? The itunes music store! Yes, was it only two days ago that I mentioned it? Well, today I got the email, and its here. FINALLY.
Unfortunately, they seem to be behind the US store in terms of content - there is no Fatboy Slim 'Weapon of Choice' video, for example. However, I was able to get some Phil Collins tracks that I wanted. Then, I went through the complete U2 catalogue, to see if there was anything important I missed. I was mainly looking for Everlasting Love, and some songs that they did for the movie In the Name of the Father. Well, guess what? The so called 'complete' U2 catalogue didn't have any of those songs! I mean, the In the Name of the Father ones I can sorta understand (but not really), but Everlasting Love? Its not as if its a rarity - its in nearly every Irish-based film I've seen. It was on the Best of 1980-1990 B-Sides, for goodness sake! Very disappointing.
I ended up getting about 13 or so more U2 tracks, but none of them are really super unmissable stuff. The best was probably 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet', which is on the Australian release of All That You Can't Leave Behind, but not the US release, which is what I have.
I finished breakfast around 9:45 or so, and did Mandarin lesson 14. Still, not too many problems. I have to say, I'm not all that comfortable with saying 'I'm giving'. It sounds like 'I'm....something else.
I continued with Isaiah straight after that, around 11, which proved a lot more fruitful than doing it in the afternoon - I obviously work better in morning hours. I finished the rest of the second Isaiah book without writing too much more down - there are really no specific sins mentioned after chapter 5, or so. I would've like to read more on the vision in chapter 6 and the messianic prophecy in chapter 9, etc, but am a bit pressed for time. Still got lots to do tommorrow, but it is by no means the impossible task of last Friday.
Got another phone call (thats almost 2 weeks later) about the job interview from, like, 3 Thursdays ago. Finally managed to make it clear to the guy that I wanted some part time stuff - the equivalent of 3.5 days is what I said. He said he had three positions in mind, and would see if any of them could accommodate what I wanted, starting a week + Monday (cos I still have to do that Solomon assignment). So, there is the possibility that God is just gonna do what He, like, always seems to do - be just so darn nice.
I watched Edward Scissorhands today, the last of the 9. Quite a good film, though sad and unsettling, for most of it, cos you know its not gonna have a happy ending. I'm still finding it hard to connect Johnny Depp with Edward - maybe if I watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory it would help.
The Ghost in the Shell is on today - I haven't seen it for the past two weeks, so hopefully I won't forget. I just love that theme music!
Surprise, surprise, I was outbid on AOEII - it finished at about $47. I bid on another one which is closing in about 2 days, but its already at my maximum of $31, so I probably won't get that, either. Dear me. On a whim, I had a look for MKII, but they only seem to have MKIV, which I've never even heard of. Its not that expensive, but I think it would be silly to buy it. I probably wouldn't enjoy MKII that much anymore, anyway. I daresay it would be too dated now.
So the main thing that took up my time today was cos I checked the wrong option in itunes, and it reconfigured my filing system for all my songs, so I spent a long time removing all my files again. Its also quite irritating that the songs are in the AAC format, which, I don't think, is recognised by Windows Media Player - I'm thinking, thus, of playing all my music through itunes instead. But still thinking about that at the moment.
Really looking forward....or should I say really nervous about corporate prayer tommorrow. Not for it, itself, but cos I've had a worrying thought since Sunday which needs clarification. However, I don't think the answer can possibly be positive, so I've been putting it off. But, tommorrow will be the opportunity, and that will be that. It may be an exaggeration that my life hangs in the balance based on this....but only slightly. I just hope I won't cry if the answer is not favourable. Well, not too much.
Homer: "Bart, stop squeaking that chair. If you must do anything, click this pen"
(Bart starts clicking pen)
Homer: "That looks like fun"
(takes out pen and starts clicking)
Homer: "Race ya. Lisa, you play winner"
Homer: "That was a great game. First, Bart was winning, but then he said 'this is stupid' and stopped and I won!"
Well, didn't get time to play my sax. The cuplrit? The itunes music store! Yes, was it only two days ago that I mentioned it? Well, today I got the email, and its here. FINALLY.
Unfortunately, they seem to be behind the US store in terms of content - there is no Fatboy Slim 'Weapon of Choice' video, for example. However, I was able to get some Phil Collins tracks that I wanted. Then, I went through the complete U2 catalogue, to see if there was anything important I missed. I was mainly looking for Everlasting Love, and some songs that they did for the movie In the Name of the Father. Well, guess what? The so called 'complete' U2 catalogue didn't have any of those songs! I mean, the In the Name of the Father ones I can sorta understand (but not really), but Everlasting Love? Its not as if its a rarity - its in nearly every Irish-based film I've seen. It was on the Best of 1980-1990 B-Sides, for goodness sake! Very disappointing.
I ended up getting about 13 or so more U2 tracks, but none of them are really super unmissable stuff. The best was probably 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet', which is on the Australian release of All That You Can't Leave Behind, but not the US release, which is what I have.
I finished breakfast around 9:45 or so, and did Mandarin lesson 14. Still, not too many problems. I have to say, I'm not all that comfortable with saying 'I'm giving'. It sounds like 'I'm....something else.
I continued with Isaiah straight after that, around 11, which proved a lot more fruitful than doing it in the afternoon - I obviously work better in morning hours. I finished the rest of the second Isaiah book without writing too much more down - there are really no specific sins mentioned after chapter 5, or so. I would've like to read more on the vision in chapter 6 and the messianic prophecy in chapter 9, etc, but am a bit pressed for time. Still got lots to do tommorrow, but it is by no means the impossible task of last Friday.
Got another phone call (thats almost 2 weeks later) about the job interview from, like, 3 Thursdays ago. Finally managed to make it clear to the guy that I wanted some part time stuff - the equivalent of 3.5 days is what I said. He said he had three positions in mind, and would see if any of them could accommodate what I wanted, starting a week + Monday (cos I still have to do that Solomon assignment). So, there is the possibility that God is just gonna do what He, like, always seems to do - be just so darn nice.
I watched Edward Scissorhands today, the last of the 9. Quite a good film, though sad and unsettling, for most of it, cos you know its not gonna have a happy ending. I'm still finding it hard to connect Johnny Depp with Edward - maybe if I watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory it would help.
The Ghost in the Shell is on today - I haven't seen it for the past two weeks, so hopefully I won't forget. I just love that theme music!
Surprise, surprise, I was outbid on AOEII - it finished at about $47. I bid on another one which is closing in about 2 days, but its already at my maximum of $31, so I probably won't get that, either. Dear me. On a whim, I had a look for MKII, but they only seem to have MKIV, which I've never even heard of. Its not that expensive, but I think it would be silly to buy it. I probably wouldn't enjoy MKII that much anymore, anyway. I daresay it would be too dated now.
So the main thing that took up my time today was cos I checked the wrong option in itunes, and it reconfigured my filing system for all my songs, so I spent a long time removing all my files again. Its also quite irritating that the songs are in the AAC format, which, I don't think, is recognised by Windows Media Player - I'm thinking, thus, of playing all my music through itunes instead. But still thinking about that at the moment.
Really looking forward....or should I say really nervous about corporate prayer tommorrow. Not for it, itself, but cos I've had a worrying thought since Sunday which needs clarification. However, I don't think the answer can possibly be positive, so I've been putting it off. But, tommorrow will be the opportunity, and that will be that. It may be an exaggeration that my life hangs in the balance based on this....but only slightly. I just hope I won't cry if the answer is not favourable. Well, not too much.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home