Day 23
Dr Hibbert: "Broccolli - when will people learn?"
Marge: "But I thought broccolli was..."
Dr Hibbert: "Yes; one of the world's most deadly vegetables. It trys to warn you with its terrible taste."
Warm today, so, typically, I'm on ushering. Couldn't wear my lovely, comfortable fitting cool shirts, cos they have short sleeves which don't go well with ties - after today, I think I'll just not care. My only normal shirt which fit well was not ironed (from two weeks ago, or so), so I had to wear this white thing, which was way too small. Oh, well.
Went for lunch at Yuki (colloquially known as 'Yucki'). Wasn't going to mention it, but V said I should put it in. Exactly what I should put in, he didn't say, so....I ordered actual sushi (though the chicken katsu kind, not evil fish kind), which is the first time I've had it in a long time. It wasn't quite enough, and it wasn't exactly cheap, but it did taste pretty darn good. I had a very tiring conversation with the Bennifactor, content of which now escapes me. I remember on two seperate occasions he tried to contribute to a conversation I was having with V re: variety at Japanese restaurants in Perth, and both times he had no idea what the discussion was about, and proceeded to, like, make me more tired. He continued on the journey home, by making equally tiring comments re: the music on my ipod.
I guess I should mention the whole bible incident, even though I wasn't really a directly involved party - but it was unusual, so...
I got a lift over to the Yuki place with V, since his car was parked a few metres closer to FCC than mine. The car in front of us was some small, dark blue thing (an Echo, so the Bennifactor said later). Suddenly, in the middle of Collins Road, this bible just blew off the car (it must've been on the roof) and landed on on of those false islands (made of just white lines) in the middle of the road. The car's driver obviously didn't notice, so V parked as fast as possible (it was right next to the food parking place) and ran back and got it. By then, though, the car had been parked and the owner (nobody seemed to know who they were) had vanished. V had the great idea of just putting the bible back on the roof, but changed his mind (I guess, cos, they'd just do the same thing again). In Yuki, I was skimming through it looking to straighten all those bent pages (and checking it out, cos it was better than mine), when I came accross a card with a name. V recognised the name as some guy he'd been talking to like 5 minutes previous, who was having lunch in Taurus. So he just went next door, and that was that, then.
I finished watching Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat - Annhilation. Although the first wasn't great, the second was worse. The main problem, from my perspective, is that the first movie is mainly based on MKI, and the second is mainly based on MKIII, and the problem with MKIII is that there's, like, too many characters, which was similar in this case. Plus, why did Shao Kahn keep taking off his mask and looking like a normal idiot? And why is Kung Lao only mentioned by name and never actually seen? And why don't they utilise that deep voice guy more - he is mainly used in the trailer, when he reads most of the names over the music. The second one just abandoned the whole concept of a tournament altogther, which really didn't work well. I thought the best bits of the first movie (and thus the both) were where they tried to replicate the scenes in the game by setting fights on the beach, or surrounded by people, or in the trees, or something. I didn't see much from the game in the second film.
I watched about 5 seconds of Man on Fire while doing about 5 seconds of accounts stuff. I was then, well, forced into going to Church Together at the Supreme Court gardens. Surprisingly, they actually did have a proper worship and word section, and, more surprisingly re: worship, I could actually really enjoy it. I normally get really put off when I'm surrounded by space (which there was a lot of) and people that are just like doing their own thing (which there was also a lot of). But the majority of songs they sang were ones I really like, so, it didn't really matter in the end. I got another idea while singing 'Let Creation Sing' by Hillsong (song 1 from God He Reigns - my equal favourite song off that CD, along with 'Let Us Adore', song 1 from disc 2) - but its probably just another of those things that won't really work out. Cos I really don't know how to express the idea properly, and the words circulating in my head from then to now don't really do what I want them to.
If nothing else, its a lovely picture seeing those buildings framed by trees - and even lovelier seeing the buildings dwarfed by the great grey dome of sky above them. I am a speck. But there is Somebody watching over this speck. And, there is that odd time when I know just how pleased He is...
Marge: "But I thought broccolli was..."
Dr Hibbert: "Yes; one of the world's most deadly vegetables. It trys to warn you with its terrible taste."
Warm today, so, typically, I'm on ushering. Couldn't wear my lovely, comfortable fitting cool shirts, cos they have short sleeves which don't go well with ties - after today, I think I'll just not care. My only normal shirt which fit well was not ironed (from two weeks ago, or so), so I had to wear this white thing, which was way too small. Oh, well.
Went for lunch at Yuki (colloquially known as 'Yucki'). Wasn't going to mention it, but V said I should put it in. Exactly what I should put in, he didn't say, so....I ordered actual sushi (though the chicken katsu kind, not evil fish kind), which is the first time I've had it in a long time. It wasn't quite enough, and it wasn't exactly cheap, but it did taste pretty darn good. I had a very tiring conversation with the Bennifactor, content of which now escapes me. I remember on two seperate occasions he tried to contribute to a conversation I was having with V re: variety at Japanese restaurants in Perth, and both times he had no idea what the discussion was about, and proceeded to, like, make me more tired. He continued on the journey home, by making equally tiring comments re: the music on my ipod.
I guess I should mention the whole bible incident, even though I wasn't really a directly involved party - but it was unusual, so...
I got a lift over to the Yuki place with V, since his car was parked a few metres closer to FCC than mine. The car in front of us was some small, dark blue thing (an Echo, so the Bennifactor said later). Suddenly, in the middle of Collins Road, this bible just blew off the car (it must've been on the roof) and landed on on of those false islands (made of just white lines) in the middle of the road. The car's driver obviously didn't notice, so V parked as fast as possible (it was right next to the food parking place) and ran back and got it. By then, though, the car had been parked and the owner (nobody seemed to know who they were) had vanished. V had the great idea of just putting the bible back on the roof, but changed his mind (I guess, cos, they'd just do the same thing again). In Yuki, I was skimming through it looking to straighten all those bent pages (and checking it out, cos it was better than mine), when I came accross a card with a name. V recognised the name as some guy he'd been talking to like 5 minutes previous, who was having lunch in Taurus. So he just went next door, and that was that, then.
I finished watching Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat - Annhilation. Although the first wasn't great, the second was worse. The main problem, from my perspective, is that the first movie is mainly based on MKI, and the second is mainly based on MKIII, and the problem with MKIII is that there's, like, too many characters, which was similar in this case. Plus, why did Shao Kahn keep taking off his mask and looking like a normal idiot? And why is Kung Lao only mentioned by name and never actually seen? And why don't they utilise that deep voice guy more - he is mainly used in the trailer, when he reads most of the names over the music. The second one just abandoned the whole concept of a tournament altogther, which really didn't work well. I thought the best bits of the first movie (and thus the both) were where they tried to replicate the scenes in the game by setting fights on the beach, or surrounded by people, or in the trees, or something. I didn't see much from the game in the second film.
I watched about 5 seconds of Man on Fire while doing about 5 seconds of accounts stuff. I was then, well, forced into going to Church Together at the Supreme Court gardens. Surprisingly, they actually did have a proper worship and word section, and, more surprisingly re: worship, I could actually really enjoy it. I normally get really put off when I'm surrounded by space (which there was a lot of) and people that are just like doing their own thing (which there was also a lot of). But the majority of songs they sang were ones I really like, so, it didn't really matter in the end. I got another idea while singing 'Let Creation Sing' by Hillsong (song 1 from God He Reigns - my equal favourite song off that CD, along with 'Let Us Adore', song 1 from disc 2) - but its probably just another of those things that won't really work out. Cos I really don't know how to express the idea properly, and the words circulating in my head from then to now don't really do what I want them to.
If nothing else, its a lovely picture seeing those buildings framed by trees - and even lovelier seeing the buildings dwarfed by the great grey dome of sky above them. I am a speck. But there is Somebody watching over this speck. And, there is that odd time when I know just how pleased He is...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home