Saturday, October 22, 2005

Day 22

(scantily clad women come out at a service station and start washing a nerd's car)
Voiceover: "The catholic church. We've made some......changes."
Lisa: "These Superbowl ads are weird."

Feeling quite a bit better today - the cough is still there, but only occasionally, and the nose is beginning to be able to smell again.

Did the usual shopping expedition, but Frae Dizzle is no longer cooking, so got to avoid the evil Subi Market Fruit & Veg place. After that, went and got another 9 movies.

Watched Ocean's Twelve first off - which was OK, up till the ending, which was just stupid, and made nearly the entire rest of the film obsolete and pointless. So.... Unfortunately, they recruited another member, so they'll probably try for an Ocean's Thirteen in the near future - sigh. But the bit where Julia Robert's pretended to be herself was funny.

Did lecture 1 of week 8 after that - up to Kings now, and finished it all off in one lecture. Not really particularly interesting, save that they began to mention prophecies which is kinda my forte, after this assignment thingy. Or, should I say, during this assignment thingy.

Then, did some sorting out of account stuff - mainly writing cheques and preparing support - while watching about half or so of Troy. I finished the rest of the account stuff and the rest of Troy after dinner. I thought it was quite an enjoyable film, but it just lacked the granduer of, say, Gladiator or Lord of the Rings, but, incidentally, it did a considerably better job than Alexander and Kingdom of Heaven. There was really only one decent fight scene - between Hector and Achilles. The rest was too brushed over, and the soundtrack lacked conviction. And there was too much pausing, and too many stereotyped characters - etc, etc.

After watching the Simpsons, started watching Mortal Kombat - though why I want to see this film again is beyond me. It does make me want to play the game again - not MKI, that was bad, but I was a big fan of MKII, esp Rayden and Kung Lao. Though most characters were pretty fun. And the music was great.

Which reminds me - reading all this historical stuff surrounding the prophets - ie re: Assyria, Damascus, Babylon, Egypt, Hittites, etc. - really makes me want to play Age of Empires, and Age of Empires II even more. I'd always wanted Israel to be included as one of the powers in that game - even though they probably never were, really. At times, I really regret this commitment to no piracy stuff.
The other point, of course, if I had that game, I would doubtless be hard-pressed to do much else. I guess. Still......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home