Monday, October 24, 2005

Day 24

Homer: "C'mon"
Lenny: "Naah"
Homer: "C'mon!"
Lenny: "Naah"
Homer: "Oh, c'mon!"
Lenny: "ohhh"
Homer: "Yes!"

Woke up at about 7:15. Went back to sleep and got woken up by Hillsongs again (well, United Live, to be precise) at about 9:15. Received a call almost straight away from Ps Yoy re: the money he didn't get yesterday. After my shower and moving my car, managed to get it to him through a chain of events that ended around 10:45.

After breakfast, proceeded to watch Man on Fire while doing church accounts. It was quite a good film - lots of violence, which helped the predictable thriller plot - ie, that close family members were involved. The ending sequence seemed to suggest it was a true story, which I find very hard to believe - and the cover says nothing about it being, so I'm guessing it wasn't. And it seems strange if his motive was to kill all the people involved, why it was he killed all the mules and puppets, and left the main players untouched. Still, I'm not a huge fan of Denzel Washington, and he didn't annoy me half as much in this film. Reminded me in a few scenes of Morgan Freeman, which was nice.

I then went through lesson 11 of Mandarin. I've decided that Mandarin is a far more difficult language than English if you have a condition what effects you're voice - cos I found it really hard to understand myself distinguishing the four tones.
I've also decided to ignore the Bennifactor's advice re: Mandarin words - since the verb 'to go' is definitely pronounced 'tchu' with a falling tone, and is, probably, spelled 'qu' in pinyin, as far as I can tell with the dodgy English-Chinese dictionary thing I have.

I then continued with my assignment, onto a new book writing out some more stuff re: Micah. There wasn't really anything new, though, so I was essentially thus making sure my bible references were as specific as possible. I got about half way through, then suddenly felt really tired, so had a bit of lay down. Then, I made tea and continued.

After that, I couldn't resist any longer, so went on ebay and made a bid for AOEII. It included the exspansion pack, so I bid to make the total $45. Its currently around $43, with still 2 days left. I saw one that was selling for $21 - but then it had postage of like $15. Like V says - the postage is where they get ya. My Murder Most Horrid was outbid, and so I found another one which is currently at about 8 pounds - but I think thats still got a few days left. I've had a few more attempts at getting the Lisa figurine from the Coles series at below $5, with absolutely no success.

I got a brochure promoting PlanetShakers 2006 on Thursday - already registered though. But on the back is like this nice poster promoting the thing. So I put it on my door - under the irritating picture of Logan the cat. But Frae Dizzle insists it stay there, so what are you gonna do? Or, so he says....
I also took a photo of it (since, for some reason, this computer now refuses to recognise my scanner), and used it as my picture for MSN Messenger. It cuts off the edges, and its really too small, but, again - thats just the way it goes.

Started watching Secret Window. Like all thrillers, I have pretty much no idea about whats going on. I thought it was supposed to be supernatural, like, but theres nothing very supernatural happening so far. Just this weird guy being an idiot. Hopefully it will get better, but I'm still not expecting all that much.

In memory of Jeffrey, ate luncheon meat for dinner.
*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home