Friday, October 21, 2005

Day 21

Homer: "This is a picture of your enemy. Everyday, you will spend half an hour staring at this picture and hating it."
(sticks a picture of Todd on the wall)
Bart: "How will this help me be a better golfer?"
Homer: "It just will. Now; start hating!"
Bart: "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...." (fades off)
(Todd appears at window in exact pose as picture on the wall)
Todd: "Hi Bart!"

As if I needed further proof that God is up there in heaven, having a nice giggle at my life down here.....
After sleeping quite early last night due to my headache - it was rather sporadic, I think orginally around 9 then waking and sleeping - I woke at 11:30 and turned everything off and went to bed proper, even catching up with my QT from last night. I woke definitively at 9:30, by virtue of Frae Dizzle's mobile phone, and then his pounding on the door for no reason, save to just be Frae.
So after the shower and starting my washing (typical - it was gonna rain today), I added milk to a mix of Cheerios and Rice Bubbles for my cereal. After that, I discovered that the milk was about 3 days out of date, and hence had to throw it all away. I just drank more Chrysanthemum for breakfast - cold, which I really don't like, so I nuked some for accompanying me upstairs for the final few hours before my assignment is due.
By nightime yesterday, I had probably done enough on both Amos and Hosea, using 3 and a half books. I thus did notes on Micah from two books already used, then moved onto a new book to do more Micah, and perhaps a little more on Hosea, since I was having difficulty finding definitive links between Amos and Hosea, unlike between Amos and Micah and Isaiah, which were united at least in their condeming of oppression of the poor.
By now it was about 12:30 - I had re-written my introduction completely, and completed my bibliography - ensuring I had got all the terribly complicated rules right. But this was 100 words (the bibliography not counted, of cos). So, I thought, only 1400 more to go before about 3 - to give myself time to hand in and get my Solomon books from the college. I thought I'd check the unit plan to see if it was 1500 minimum or 2000. And I found the calender, so, for no real reason, I checked to make sure I got the date right for the start of week 9. After not believing my eyes and staring at it for 30 seconds or so, I discovered that there is an extra weeks holiday between week 7 and week 8, thus, week 9 begins 31 Oct, which means I have an extra week. I proceeded to go into Frae's room and yell loudly, which was particularly effective, since he was trying to rest at the time. I thus moved downstairs and watched Mrs Culdicot's Cabbage War.

It was quite a good film - at least, up until about the time when they moved into the hotel. After that, got very preachy and ended shallowly. Also, based on the trailer, the entire film seemed to be about the old people misbehaving at the old folk's home, and, really, this was only about 15 minutes or so. The introduction was very long - it was good, but took up about half the film.

I thought, then, I should go on with the Mandarin, which I did - I redid lesson 10, and thought that I managed to get through most of it quite well. Lesson 11 still might be a bit of a struggle, but we'll see, I guess.
I didn't do any more sax, cos I don't think I'd do too well, what with my irritated throat condition.

Before the Simpsons, and after, I watched "Shall we dance?" while doing some church account stuff. It was not a good film - touted as a romatic comedy, it did contain some lafs, I guess, but there wasn't much romanticsm - lust verging on adultery (though only hinted at) for most of it, then some sort of desperate attempt to bring his wife back into it - it was incredibly shallow. And there was no good wrapping up at the end. Tried to throw off the cliched happy, sappy ending perhaps, by just not having an ending at all. I guess.

Watched I Spy, since it was on TV. I should've just watched Shanghai Noon again, I think. I quite enjoyed the film, but only because of the special agent stuff, which was quite entertaining. The plot wasn't great, the double agents were too predictable, and it just wasn't very funny. Eddie Murphy was, thus, a complete waste of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home