Thursday, October 20, 2005

Day 20

Mr Burns: "Bones: shattered. Organs: leaking vital fluids. Slight headache. Loss of appetite. Smithers; I'm going to die."

The photos down the side are the ones I took when at my parents house for the last few days. I don't really know much details about them. The second one down is a sun orchid. After that is the flower of the Holly-leafed banksia.
There's also the chickens that were named as the purpose of the visit. The rooster is Julius (as in Caesar) and thus the two hens are Cleopatra (who has a band on her leg) and Messolina (the manipulative mother of Claudius Caesar, who was after Julius). The bottom one is the giant spider orchid (as far as we can tell) - its relatively rare.
Woke up about 8, but didn't have my shower till about 8:30, or so. In the meantime, I was loading on the other 8 CDs for Mandarin I. Moved the car at 9:30, cos it was parked on the road again.
I was then ordered by F (now Frae Dizzle) to eat the leftovers from last night's dessert. I did that while watching New Fists of Fury, starring Jackie Chan, supposedly a sequel to Fists of Fury AKA The Chinese Connection (not the Big Boss/Ice Factory one).
Frae had informed me it was terrible, and it wasn't. Frankly, I enjoyed it considerably more than the previous two Bruce Lee films I'd seen, as well as the Jackie Chan's Half a Loaf of Kung Fu - simply because, there was a lot more fighting. And the scenes were fairly well done - although, there were a number of instances were you could see the board breaking before they kicked it, or people falling over without cause.
Frae then offered to make some Chrys- anthemum (with Ginseng) - however, unbeknowest to me, it was an entire large pot full, and I have to drink it all. So - great.

My entire afternoon was spent, not entirely fruitfully, attempting to complete my Amos assignment thing - which I shall have to personally hand in tommorrow afternoon sometime.
Unfortunately, my cold has progressed into a rather chronic cough, and an equally severe headache - more like head pain. Thus, I have been unable to concentrate well - however, I do forsee that I may be able to get it done. Which is great.

Went with JC to look at the most likely candidate for residence next year. And it does seem certainly nice and big, and only slightly more than this place.
Plus, a lot of the furniture that we would've needed to buy is being sold there fairly cheaply. So the only issue now is really a question of timing - mainly from JC's POV, since he needs to offload his current place before he takes the new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home