Saturday, October 15, 2005

Day 15

Karl: "So, aren't you guys gonna ask me about my hat?"
Homer: "Hey!"
Lenny: "Mmm, so Karl, whats with the hat?"
Karl: "What, this thing? I got it down at the Isis exhibit at the musuem. Its what the ancient Egyptians call a 'souvenier'."

Woke up at 10 - actually, was woken up by the recruitment guy ringing to ask about the interview from Thursday. I said that I might consider some sort of contract arrangement, starting Monday week.

Went shopping - just for vegies. Also, took back the movies and got another 9.

Watched Starsky & Hutch in the afternoon. Quite good. Not as good as Zoolander, but not a whole lot worse.

Went with my parents to an art exhibition with my parents at 2. They thought it was at the Art Gallery in the city - it wasn't, so we looked at some collection of pottery stuff. It was actually at the museum, which is right near by.
It was an exhibition of award winning wildlife photography (from various people) encompassing Australia, New Zealand, Antartica and New Guinea (although nothing from Antartica got through to this final collection). Some of it was very good. I disagreed with the choice of winner, in a lot of occasions, though (there were a lot of different categories). However, the overall winner was quite superb.

We then saw another exhibition of turn of the century Australian photography. It was impressive that he could get shots so clear from so long ago and with bad materials - but a lot of the subjects were sparse and uninteresting - from the Northern Territory.

We then had a brief look at a chancely found exhibit of Dampier Archipeligo marine 'life'. Saw a Tiger Cowrie and a Crawling Cowrie, both of which I have example shells of. Yay!

We then went to Luna in Leederville and saw a recent Australian film written by a song writer who my mum really likes ie Nick Cave, namely The Proposition. I'm not a fan of Australian films, and this was another very typical example of one - though considerably more violent, probably. It was thus quite passable.

And that was the day. 8:30 service tommorrow, and I'm contemplating heading down to my parent's house Sunday afternoon. So maybe no more posts for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home