Day 13
Lisa: "They call her the cat woman. Some say shes crazy. But can someone who loves animals that much really be crazy?"
(Cat woman comes out of her house, starts throwing cats at Lisa)
Lisa: "The old Union Pacific doesn't come by here much anymore...."
(Union Pacific rumbles past. Cat woman appears from behind the train, continues throwing cats at Lisa)
About half way through my 'Book of Memory' chapter in Confessions. I think I can sort of see that he's making a point. Maybe.
Tried a new cereal today - Cheerios. Wasn't as a bad as I thought it would be (it looks really boring). I already threw away my Just Grains packet, so can't compare it re: healthiness. But it doesn't taste as good, though it is a change, so....
Completed lesson 10 in Mandarin. It occurred to me that theres only, like, 6 days of lessons left, then its over, so I went to Amazon and added Mandarin II to my cart - thus increasing my future bill from US$75 to US$300. I've decided that I'm almost certainly going to need to review some of these lessons, anyway, because while I am seeming to absorb most of it (the odd phrase comes out almost automatically), I'm still having big problems, mainly in understanding at the pace at which they are speaking. By the time I've managed to figure it all out, its like the end of the conversation already.
Did a bit more of my assignment - basically finished my summary of Amos. I decided that maybe I had a distorted view, so I actually read the book itself. Nope - it really is that scary; maybe more so. I doubt that reading it in The Message transalation helped, but the language used is really quite strong and harsh, and at times mocking and sarcastic. Amos, or, God - ticked off.
Had my usual lunch of toasted sandwiches with cheese 'n' chicken and salami (seperately, of course) while watching more of Enter the Dragon. Eventually, I will finish it. I have definitely seen it before, but don't really remember how it ends. The time to fight scenes ratio is just too big - its not an impressive film. More like James Bond meets Mortal Kombat than a kung-fu film.
Went for prayer near Reid Library at 1:30 for 13:30. Yes. Suprisingly shorter than I expected. Spent the next half an hour or so just sitting around, spouting meaningless mandarin phrases and throwing grass at people.
Then, went straight for an interview for a job that I know I don't want. I haven't yet decided conclusively that I don't want it, but, barring a large and obvious sign, I will not accept. I believe that I made a committment to God that I would not rush, and I would wait for Him, unlike last time. I see nothing in this position that would really do a great deal to help bring me further along in His plan. I'll try and give it at least till Monday, though.
Since the interview started at 3 and went till 6, I didn't get to practice my sax today. Oh well, as Faithless says - "everything will be alright tommorrow". Heh.
My night was taken up by a conference at FCC by Ps Rutherford, an American in Indonesia, or somesort. It was a good, interesting, funny (at times) message. He seemed the sort of person suited to large groups - it probably would've been considerably more impactful with a large lively audience. Although I got the gist, I couldn't really grasp the spirit of what was said. Or, something.
(Cat woman comes out of her house, starts throwing cats at Lisa)
Lisa: "The old Union Pacific doesn't come by here much anymore...."
(Union Pacific rumbles past. Cat woman appears from behind the train, continues throwing cats at Lisa)
About half way through my 'Book of Memory' chapter in Confessions. I think I can sort of see that he's making a point. Maybe.
Tried a new cereal today - Cheerios. Wasn't as a bad as I thought it would be (it looks really boring). I already threw away my Just Grains packet, so can't compare it re: healthiness. But it doesn't taste as good, though it is a change, so....
Completed lesson 10 in Mandarin. It occurred to me that theres only, like, 6 days of lessons left, then its over, so I went to Amazon and added Mandarin II to my cart - thus increasing my future bill from US$75 to US$300. I've decided that I'm almost certainly going to need to review some of these lessons, anyway, because while I am seeming to absorb most of it (the odd phrase comes out almost automatically), I'm still having big problems, mainly in understanding at the pace at which they are speaking. By the time I've managed to figure it all out, its like the end of the conversation already.
Did a bit more of my assignment - basically finished my summary of Amos. I decided that maybe I had a distorted view, so I actually read the book itself. Nope - it really is that scary; maybe more so. I doubt that reading it in The Message transalation helped, but the language used is really quite strong and harsh, and at times mocking and sarcastic. Amos, or, God - ticked off.
Had my usual lunch of toasted sandwiches with cheese 'n' chicken and salami (seperately, of course) while watching more of Enter the Dragon. Eventually, I will finish it. I have definitely seen it before, but don't really remember how it ends. The time to fight scenes ratio is just too big - its not an impressive film. More like James Bond meets Mortal Kombat than a kung-fu film.
Went for prayer near Reid Library at 1:30 for 13:30. Yes. Suprisingly shorter than I expected. Spent the next half an hour or so just sitting around, spouting meaningless mandarin phrases and throwing grass at people.
Then, went straight for an interview for a job that I know I don't want. I haven't yet decided conclusively that I don't want it, but, barring a large and obvious sign, I will not accept. I believe that I made a committment to God that I would not rush, and I would wait for Him, unlike last time. I see nothing in this position that would really do a great deal to help bring me further along in His plan. I'll try and give it at least till Monday, though.
Since the interview started at 3 and went till 6, I didn't get to practice my sax today. Oh well, as Faithless says - "everything will be alright tommorrow". Heh.
My night was taken up by a conference at FCC by Ps Rutherford, an American in Indonesia, or somesort. It was a good, interesting, funny (at times) message. He seemed the sort of person suited to large groups - it probably would've been considerably more impactful with a large lively audience. Although I got the gist, I couldn't really grasp the spirit of what was said. Or, something.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home