Day 9
Homer (at Frank Grimes' funeral, while sleeping): "Change the channel, Marge."
Lenny: "That's our Homer!"
(everyone laughs)
Succomed, again, to the Taurus Curse - that whenever we go there for lunch, someone's lunch gets forgotten about and comes much later than everyone else's. Today, it was mine. Luckily, my choice of fried beef kway teow was a very good choice, and it tasted so damn good, I didn't really care that it was so late. Sort of. Maybe not. Was interesting seeing the Bennifactor for the first time in a while, due to his thesis, 'n all.
Had to kill time till 3, so went to V's new-fangled-house-thing. Was nowhere near as mansion like as had been described by T. But still pretty impressive. V's room, itself, complete with walk in robe, spa-bath and two sinks ("I never use that one") was about the same size as the entire upstairs here, which consists of three bedrooms. The 'balcony', though, was hardly big enough to stand on. I think I was most impressed by the floor - looked like wood, but was satisfyingly solid and slimy, more like polished stone.
Had a lovely short CMC meeting - went for less than half the time of the usual. Accounts seemed to be well accepted, except that I made a mistake - putting motor vehicle expenses where it should have read minor equipment; one of these days I'll get it right.
Began to watch Elf. It seems OK so far - but I think all the bits from the trailer have been used up already - so I wonder if it will just trail out and be bad. Thats what I'm thinking. However, I was very impressed with myself, cos, even though I drove myself insane for about 15 minutes trying to do it, I finally managed to connect Papa Elf's voice with a cameo off the Simpsons - Bob Newhart (at Krusty's funeral). I'd always assumed that he was being deliberately nervous, or it was some immitator, but he actually speaks like that - "for you see, in a way, in a very meaningful way, I, indeed, all of us, were affected by his comedy even though, uh, some of us, we, uh, didn't, y'know, watch his show".
On TV tonight was Exit Wounds. It hasn't finished yet, but I could turn it off now and not really care. Partly cos I haven't really been concentrating, partly because its another very forgettable type of show - like all them other ones. It seems that Steven Segal just makes bad choices for most of his movies. Half Past Dead, anyone?
Lenny: "That's our Homer!"
(everyone laughs)
Succomed, again, to the Taurus Curse - that whenever we go there for lunch, someone's lunch gets forgotten about and comes much later than everyone else's. Today, it was mine. Luckily, my choice of fried beef kway teow was a very good choice, and it tasted so damn good, I didn't really care that it was so late. Sort of. Maybe not. Was interesting seeing the Bennifactor for the first time in a while, due to his thesis, 'n all.
Had to kill time till 3, so went to V's new-fangled-house-thing. Was nowhere near as mansion like as had been described by T. But still pretty impressive. V's room, itself, complete with walk in robe, spa-bath and two sinks ("I never use that one") was about the same size as the entire upstairs here, which consists of three bedrooms. The 'balcony', though, was hardly big enough to stand on. I think I was most impressed by the floor - looked like wood, but was satisfyingly solid and slimy, more like polished stone.
Had a lovely short CMC meeting - went for less than half the time of the usual. Accounts seemed to be well accepted, except that I made a mistake - putting motor vehicle expenses where it should have read minor equipment; one of these days I'll get it right.
Began to watch Elf. It seems OK so far - but I think all the bits from the trailer have been used up already - so I wonder if it will just trail out and be bad. Thats what I'm thinking. However, I was very impressed with myself, cos, even though I drove myself insane for about 15 minutes trying to do it, I finally managed to connect Papa Elf's voice with a cameo off the Simpsons - Bob Newhart (at Krusty's funeral). I'd always assumed that he was being deliberately nervous, or it was some immitator, but he actually speaks like that - "for you see, in a way, in a very meaningful way, I, indeed, all of us, were affected by his comedy even though, uh, some of us, we, uh, didn't, y'know, watch his show".
On TV tonight was Exit Wounds. It hasn't finished yet, but I could turn it off now and not really care. Partly cos I haven't really been concentrating, partly because its another very forgettable type of show - like all them other ones. It seems that Steven Segal just makes bad choices for most of his movies. Half Past Dead, anyone?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home