Saturday, October 08, 2005

Day 8

Lisa: "Must I accept this process of dumbening? Wait...that's not how you spell 'dumbening'. Wait...dumbening isn't even a word!"

Once again, didn't sleep that well. Eventually got out of bed about 8 or so.

Went on the weekly expedition with F begining sometime after 9. F casually informed me that he wasn't going to pay because he had no money, so suggested I withdraw money to pay the bill. Yep. Finished all the shopping (inc 9 more movies - yay!) by 11.
Met someone from cell there - JC (heh). Due to the shock, I think, F forgot his shopping. Though he didn't realise this till we were home. Then he couldn't be bothered going back.
Because I wasn't aware of the time, was suckered in by F into going to KFC for lunch. It wasn't too bad, cos I didn't have breakfast due to lack of milk. Not going to happen again for a while though - hah!

Watched two of the films straight away at home - Bulletproof Monk, which was as bad as I thought it would be. I'm sorry, that Sean William Scott guy is just one of those bad actors that makes any film bad. But it wasn't just him.
The other film was much better - Fist of Fury starring Bruce Lee - I think the first Bruce Lee film I've ever seen in full. The martial arts was really great, but the story quite holey and draggy. Interesting that I realised just before I started watching that its the film that Fist of Legend (one of the Jet Li films I own) was based on. However, the story much better in the Jet Li one. And the Japanese are given some redeemable characters.
Also watched most of My Fair Lady (F's token choice) - but I didn't realise its like a 2.5 hour film - so it also dragged for me. And, didn't really seem to conclude anything in the end. Some parts really funny though - like the robotic sequence at the racetrack.

I did lesson 6 in Mandarin. Suddenly got horribly hard - "I would like to go to your place to eat" - I think I'll just stick to my favourite phrase ("I don't understand - you speak what?").

Finished the chapter of Patriachs in Genesis, up to the beginning of Exodus. I think I fell asleep as I was reading - was woken up by F re: dinner, which is as follows.

So, H was picking us up at 7 to go to Jaws in the city - a sushi buffet. I was assured there'd be the chicken stuff, etc. So then we picked up a friend of H's (S), whose idea this was in the first place. F thought we should go to the Japanese place in Subi instead - forget the name, they have a good beef dish there - very tender. But she convinced him to 'try something new', so that was that.
Probably spent about 15 minutes driving around the city trying to find a spot. Along King Street - nothing, then around along St Georges to the Central Park one - closed, then gave up so did a big round back to some $6.50 per night thing on Murray. So walked to Jaws - and it was overfull. Decided we had to eat somewhere in the city, now, since we'd already paid for parking - so just gave up and went to Takas. I almost chose the Chicken Katsu sushi, then decided it wouldn't be enough, so had the normal chicken katsu instead. Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home