Day 4
Mrs. Nahasapenapetilan (snr): "Surely you are aware of your Brahmaian heritage?"
Bart: "As long as you have absolutely no follow-up questions - yes. Yes, we are."
Lisa: "Fully. We have to go now"
Was again pretty much forced out of bed at 8:30. Didn't have to move the car cos I sorta stole the parking spot. Yay!
After breakfast, and another chapter of Oscar & Lucinda (I managed another 2 or so more throughout the rest of the day), watched the Butterfly Effect. It was pretty much as I expected - ie very little to do with the Butterfly Effect (most actions had a very direct cause/effect relationship), no scientific basis (he changes history by reading his own journal notes - what the?) and a bad ending (where he goes back to his birth - by watching a home movie - and chokes himself to death with his umbilical cord). Put this together with the irritating Aston Kutcher - not a very good film. But, at least I can say I've watched it now.
Watched the first lecture of week 6. Actually, watched bits of it a few times (which is not really allowed) because it kept skipping around on my DVD player. Then, I took it downstairs and it worked fine. Its not as good downstairs though, cos I have to like lie on the uncomfortable corrugated carpet thing, and cannot write easily. Plus, its in the way of others.
After lunch, did lesson 2 of Mandarin Chinese. Didn't really concentrate that hard cos I was doing some internet thing - I believe I was sorting out the house bills at the time. It didn't really matter, though, because I knew most of the stuff already. Actually, I knew all of it - this is really just a memory refresher thing.
Went for a walk really just down 1 street to post some letters re: FCC account payments. It was just too short, so I went down Hampden and along Stirling Hwy then back up Winthrop Av. I think it took like 15 minutes or less - but its a start at least.
Got to my saxaphone after 4 - played for about 25 minutes or so. Finished lesson 2 pretty easily, and moved through lesson 3 with surprisingly few mistakes - especially regarding the switching from middle C up (1 note) to high D, which involves going from 1 key, to 6 keys and the octave key, and its been bugging me for months.
Before the Simpsons, and a also after but before dinner, started watching the Basketball Diaries. Another, I think surprisingly, enjoyable film. Of course, I don't think its yet reached the point of him being discovered as a writer, or whatever, so maybe the ending will suck, but, for now, I'm just happy recognising all the Sopranos stars - Lorraine Bracco (Tony's phsyciatrist) is Leonardo's mother, the guy who played Pussy has a small role where he gets vomited on and chases them all, and the guy who plays Christopher Moltisanti is Leonardo's friend who dies of Leukeamia.
Bart: "As long as you have absolutely no follow-up questions - yes. Yes, we are."
Lisa: "Fully. We have to go now"
Was again pretty much forced out of bed at 8:30. Didn't have to move the car cos I sorta stole the parking spot. Yay!
After breakfast, and another chapter of Oscar & Lucinda (I managed another 2 or so more throughout the rest of the day), watched the Butterfly Effect. It was pretty much as I expected - ie very little to do with the Butterfly Effect (most actions had a very direct cause/effect relationship), no scientific basis (he changes history by reading his own journal notes - what the?) and a bad ending (where he goes back to his birth - by watching a home movie - and chokes himself to death with his umbilical cord). Put this together with the irritating Aston Kutcher - not a very good film. But, at least I can say I've watched it now.
Watched the first lecture of week 6. Actually, watched bits of it a few times (which is not really allowed) because it kept skipping around on my DVD player. Then, I took it downstairs and it worked fine. Its not as good downstairs though, cos I have to like lie on the uncomfortable corrugated carpet thing, and cannot write easily. Plus, its in the way of others.
After lunch, did lesson 2 of Mandarin Chinese. Didn't really concentrate that hard cos I was doing some internet thing - I believe I was sorting out the house bills at the time. It didn't really matter, though, because I knew most of the stuff already. Actually, I knew all of it - this is really just a memory refresher thing.
Went for a walk really just down 1 street to post some letters re: FCC account payments. It was just too short, so I went down Hampden and along Stirling Hwy then back up Winthrop Av. I think it took like 15 minutes or less - but its a start at least.
Got to my saxaphone after 4 - played for about 25 minutes or so. Finished lesson 2 pretty easily, and moved through lesson 3 with surprisingly few mistakes - especially regarding the switching from middle C up (1 note) to high D, which involves going from 1 key, to 6 keys and the octave key, and its been bugging me for months.
Before the Simpsons, and a also after but before dinner, started watching the Basketball Diaries. Another, I think surprisingly, enjoyable film. Of course, I don't think its yet reached the point of him being discovered as a writer, or whatever, so maybe the ending will suck, but, for now, I'm just happy recognising all the Sopranos stars - Lorraine Bracco (Tony's phsyciatrist) is Leonardo's mother, the guy who played Pussy has a small role where he gets vomited on and chases them all, and the guy who plays Christopher Moltisanti is Leonardo's friend who dies of Leukeamia.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home