Day 5
Lisa (singing): "So we'll march day and night, the girls and the fellas, we'll march till we drop or else fold like umbrellas"
Slept a bit better today - woke up at 9.
After breakfast, read a little of the book. Then, watched the end of the Basketball Diaries. Ended pretty badly - things were going really bad, then he got arrested, somehow came clean came out and read some uninspiring words. The end.
Started lecture 2 of week 6 on my upstairs DVD player - then, I went to rewind cos I missed a verse, and it stuffed up again so had to go downstairs. Finished lecture 2, and started lecture 3 - only because he had written up Deuteronomy 6:4-5 up in hebrew, then proceeded to teach the class how to speak it - the Shema (if I remember correctly), the first part (v4) which reads (as phonetically as possible) Shema Israel Adonai Elohinu Adonai Ahad - hear, o Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Verse 5 was long and had a lot of syllables that sounded very similar - it will take me a while to learn that stuff.
I then decided that I couldn't live on without bread, so took a 45 minute walk (there and back) to Broadway for bread, cheese and glad wrap. Was certainly long enough - it also almost rained, but a few spots only.
Actually, when I got back, wasn't that hungry, so started watching my final film (and the best as it turned out - lucky I saved it) Batman. Got about halfway through and discovered I was hungry, so made my cafe-style toasted sandwhich. Man, it was worth the walk! Finished lunch about three quarters through the film - so took the DVD upstairs to finish watching while I did accounts. Discovered that there is a quote from Batman in my favourite Simpsons episode (Last Exit to Springfield) where the Joker reaches for "mirror! the mirror!" then smashes it while laughing crazily, as his face is being redone. All in all - infinitely better than Batman Begins - in pretty much every way. But especially in a comic book sense. Got an opinion about that - mention it later, maybe.
Played through lesson 4 of the Sax lessons - very breathless-making, due to it mainly being based on quarter notes. Will definitely have to review that one tommorrow.
Completed lesson 3 of Mandarin chinese, but did it while doing more church account stuff, so, again, not really concentrating for most of it. But I did fine with the conversation at the end, so I'll just keep moving on - there is 13 more to go, and this is just Mandarin 1 of at least 3.
Started watching the Matrix Reloaded again, since B has it in his, of questionable legality, collection. Although there are parts of it I like, like some conversations, esp the Architecht at the end, there is plenty I don't like, like most of the Zion scenes, and most involving that french guy.
I know my Simpsons quote for tommorrow - from today's episode involving Bill Gates and Lord of the Flies.
Slept a bit better today - woke up at 9.
After breakfast, read a little of the book. Then, watched the end of the Basketball Diaries. Ended pretty badly - things were going really bad, then he got arrested, somehow came clean came out and read some uninspiring words. The end.
Started lecture 2 of week 6 on my upstairs DVD player - then, I went to rewind cos I missed a verse, and it stuffed up again so had to go downstairs. Finished lecture 2, and started lecture 3 - only because he had written up Deuteronomy 6:4-5 up in hebrew, then proceeded to teach the class how to speak it - the Shema (if I remember correctly), the first part (v4) which reads (as phonetically as possible) Shema Israel Adonai Elohinu Adonai Ahad - hear, o Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Verse 5 was long and had a lot of syllables that sounded very similar - it will take me a while to learn that stuff.
I then decided that I couldn't live on without bread, so took a 45 minute walk (there and back) to Broadway for bread, cheese and glad wrap. Was certainly long enough - it also almost rained, but a few spots only.
Actually, when I got back, wasn't that hungry, so started watching my final film (and the best as it turned out - lucky I saved it) Batman. Got about halfway through and discovered I was hungry, so made my cafe-style toasted sandwhich. Man, it was worth the walk! Finished lunch about three quarters through the film - so took the DVD upstairs to finish watching while I did accounts. Discovered that there is a quote from Batman in my favourite Simpsons episode (Last Exit to Springfield) where the Joker reaches for "mirror! the mirror!" then smashes it while laughing crazily, as his face is being redone. All in all - infinitely better than Batman Begins - in pretty much every way. But especially in a comic book sense. Got an opinion about that - mention it later, maybe.
Played through lesson 4 of the Sax lessons - very breathless-making, due to it mainly being based on quarter notes. Will definitely have to review that one tommorrow.
Completed lesson 3 of Mandarin chinese, but did it while doing more church account stuff, so, again, not really concentrating for most of it. But I did fine with the conversation at the end, so I'll just keep moving on - there is 13 more to go, and this is just Mandarin 1 of at least 3.
Started watching the Matrix Reloaded again, since B has it in his, of questionable legality, collection. Although there are parts of it I like, like some conversations, esp the Architecht at the end, there is plenty I don't like, like most of the Zion scenes, and most involving that french guy.
I know my Simpsons quote for tommorrow - from today's episode involving Bill Gates and Lord of the Flies.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home