Thursday, October 06, 2005

Day 6

Homer: "Compu-Golbal-Hyper-Mega-Net, junior vice president Homer Simpson speaking, how may I direct your call?"
(hands phone to Marge)
Homer: "It's Patty."

Was woken up by F (again - 3 days out of 4), this time by Hillsongs, at 8:30. Went to eat cereal, but the milk was out of date. Thought it foolish to go shopping just to buy milk, so I went without. However, a day without tea is one day too many, so I'll definitely have to buy tommorrow.

Watched the 2nd half of Reloaded. Thoroughly enjoyed the Architech speech.

Watched lecture 3 of week 6. Got to about 5 minutes to go, then foolishly pressed the skip backwards button, cos I thought I got a verse reference wrong (which it turned out I didn't) - so the DVD stopped working, and I had to watch the last 5 minutes downstairs. Really keen on learning more Hebrew - but it will take time, I think.

Finally finished Oscar & Lucinda, in between hanging out washing. Very stupid ending - it was insanely short and spontaneous, after the ludicrously slow and predictable build up. I'm still interested in seeing the film though - just to see how they do certain stuff. And cos I think Ralph Fiennes is a good actor. And Cate Blanchett isn't too unbearable.

Watched House while finishing off September quarter accounts, and entering some transactions for October. They advertised the episode as getting rid of someone, then, surprisingly, they didn't get rid of anyone, so now they say they're doing that in a double episode (over two days) next week. Right, sure.

Did lesson 4 in Mandarin. Its getting a bit more complicated now, throwing in directions to weird places, and words that sound way too much like each other and mean very similar things. "Where? Over there!" etc.

Finished lesson 4 of the sax with difficulty, and really struggled through lesson 5. My main problem, actually, was trying to read the music while going one quarter beat at a time, and then trying to remember which combination goes with which note. Not easy - I got muddled up a lot. But, generally, at least, the actual playing of notes seemed to be going on the whole quite OK. Sort of.

Watched two films at night, also from B's collection - Hulk, which was very bad, and the In Laws (with Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks) which was quite enjoyable. Now waiting for my weekly instalment of Ghost in the Shell. Not a patch on Evangelion, I have to say, but certainly not half bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home