Monday, October 03, 2005

Day 3

Homer: "I love these lazy Saturdays"
Marge: "Its Wednesday"
Homer: "Aah!" (rushes off to work)
* * *
Homer: "I love these real Saturdays - unliked that stupid fake Saturday which almost got me fired!"

Slept in till 8:30, but it was a struggle - more showers and ER. After my shower, had to move my car off the street and park it in the lot. I left it there, so my other housemate (B) has to park his car on the street now.

Went for my interview at 11. Lasted till 12:30. They mentioned there might be something, but I'm not really being that hopeful - cos its unlikely it'll turn out to be what I'm wanting.

Watched the rest of Apocalypse Now Redux, which I started watching last night. Not only was it about hours long, it was very disappointing. I expected more from Mr Godfather. I kinda enjoyed it up till around about just after the time when Robert Duvall says "I love the smell of napalm in the morning".

Also watched the rest of 28 Days Later, having seen the second half yesterday afternoon. Another disappointing film - extremely unscary and predictable for a start. I think the first few scenes walking around London and it being devoid of anything was quite good - afterwards, just the typical odd zombie appearance-type-thing.

Watched the final lecture of week 5. Mainly made up of students giving presentations for their essay thing - thus, didn't really learn much. Oh well. Week 6 is at least partly on Deuteronomy - yay!

Started my Mandarin again at lesson 1. Did it very easily, so sorted out my sock pairs and did some general sorting out of stuff at the same time. Played my sax for about 20 minutes straight after. The internet seemed to be down for a while, so I had to play just random stuff for about 5 minutes, but after that I moved onto the lessons. Did the first two. I think lesson 1 went OK, but I struggled a little with lesson two. And as for lesson three, well.......not good.

I then read a chapter of Oscar & Lucinda - it will be a happy day when I finish that book. Then, after the Simpsons, I started watching Born on the 4th of July, and continued it after dinner. Surprisingly, since I have a very mixed opinion of Mr Oliver Stone (JFK was great, but Alexander was shocking, Any Given Sunday had its moments, as did Wall Street, and I'm not a fan of Platoon), it was actually quite enjoyable, and I didn't find Tom Cruise as irritating as I thought I would. Freakily, I can see lots of parallels with Vanilla Sky....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home