Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Homer: "I never realised how boring this game is!"

Aaaahhhh....work. Dang.

Did proper work until about 11:30 or so. Then it was suddenly announced that most of the new furniture would be coming in by 2, so we suddenly had to stop and clear everything.
And although there was SOME clearing and lifting done, me (and others) spent a lot of time just sitting around. Well, standing, really, since the chairs were all moved to one side.

Thus took lunch 15 minutes earlier. Went to Harvey Norman at City West. Got the Krups coffee machine - $200 off!
Got takeaway latte from the cafe there. OK lah....

More boring waiting. Played some 'bowls', using the little yellow soccerballs that me and Mogli got for Daffodil Day, and his little red cricket ball as the target. But 911 was playing too, so we rotated.

Walked to the bank later so Mogli could deposit more money. I suspect drug trafficking.

Had lemonade from the fridge, cos there was this other guy who helped himself to two within an hour, and he didn't really seem to be doing any real physical stuff.

Cleared some rubbish. It was invigorating, really.

Got back to work by 4. Great..... Still nothing to do, though. Left at 5.

Watched Friends and then The Simpsons and Red Dwarf. But nout else on.

Watched the rest of Stranger than Fiction. Pretty good. Will Ferrell wasn't so over the top, so that was nice. And the author lady was good and quaint. Dustin Hoffman was his usual zany type self. And even Queen Latifah wasn't totally unbearable.

Somehow yesterday the CD-ROM drive on my bad laptop started working again, so I loaded word on. And because of that, I was considering the numerous possibilities of being able to work on my story in various places. Actually, that's really wishful thinking cos it doesn't seem to work when its not plugged in. But still.....
ANYWAY....
The point is that I was thus inspired to write some more of it. So I did. And its still progressing pretty well - as in, the creative juices are still working. But its hard slog. I think I'm getting a bit over descriptive, cos its not really moving forward fast enough. But then, its not really long enough, so maybe that's good? But there's bound to be extreme inconsistencies between the pace towards the start and now. And I'm no good at substantial rewrites.
Maybe watching Stranger than Fiction helped a bit too? Heh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I like Will Ferrell so much I went and watched 'Melinda and Melinda'.

More! I gotta have more!

9:27 pm, December 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home