Friday, June 29, 2007

II

Because I won't be in the office in July until the 23rd, today I turned the page and took the photo of the new Demotivational calender quote. You can wait until the 1st to see it, but how appropriate it was. For July's quote is Demotivation - 'the best way to increase morale is just to fire all the unhappy people'. And today was...
...pay review day.
At least for me. And Mogli. I think the other's had theirs yesterday. Or the day before. Anyway, its my first. Since I didn't get one last year. Needless to say, I'm not happy about that....

Got up about 7. But this is a special casual day cos its Red Nose day - and the last working day of the 2007 year - so I was ready by before 7:30. And left then, cos Mogli was planning to be in early for the helicopter thing. Although he meant 8. Nevermind.

Flew the helicopters for a bit. They didn't crash into each other, but mine started running out of power really early on - I'm sure its cos the batteries are old and cruddy.

Then I had this long discussion with a partner, cos he wanted the client that I do the BAS for to raise some invoices and there were amounts to calculate. When I came back out at 9, all the Red Nose stuff was nearly sold already. I bought a key ring of some red guy. Great.
Mogli got a nose, but it was a foam nose with a velcro option, so he stuck it on his 'Underoath in Sopranos style jumper thing'. Weird.

Then there was morning tea for the end of year. We had chocolate cake and some fancy swiss roll. But the swiss roll had fruit, which I knew and thus mentioned that I didn't like it, which was why they bought the mudcake, which most people ended up eating anyway. So - I win!

And then, surprisingly, I had a pay review. But I had work to do, so I mentioned that it couldn't take very long. But they gave me more money - and it was pretty much what I expected. So that's OK. I suppose I might be able to survive there a little while longer now.

Went with Mogli to get pizzas at 12:30 - another end of year thing - from Dominoes in Northbridge. Couldn't find parking, so I just had to wait around in the car.
Got back at almost 1 precisely, so everyone (who was there) had lunch in the boardroom. And all the old people kept remarking 'another great year in accounting'.
Then I packed up and left.

Went with Mogli and 911 to Epic and got coffee - just takeaway, though. Then I went home - and my ipod transmitter blew the radio fuse again, so its dead.

Started watching Chinatown - which is very un-Chinese. There's some mentions to Chinatown, but it seems rather unrelated to the main story. Supposed to be a red herring, I suppose, since its that film noir type thing. Jack Nicholson is very good in that role, though.

Watched some Seinfeld - have finally started the episodes for season 8, with the great Susan Ross Foundation.
Also took in all my washing progressively, cos I was sure that it would eventually rain. There is a few things that are still a little damp - but it should all be fine.

I was supposed to be at V's house by 7 for the quiz night, so I started dinner about 5:30 so I could leave by 6:30 (straight after The Simpsons). Then, when it was almost done, V rang just before 6 and said that he got the time wrong and I needed to be there by 6:45 instead. So I had to eat in a hurry, and kept watching Seinfeld instead of The Simpsons, since I wouldn't be able to see the end.

Got over there and V and Leo and others were eating dinner, so we didn't actually go for a while after. But by then V was getting really stressed and kept saying that it had started already and we were missing the first few questions and this would be the difference between success and failure. I was trying to tell him that it would start really late - which it did. We were there in plenty of time, really.

So the quiz was on, and, somehow, we managed to reclaim the old form and won the main quiz plus the super round. Actually, the somehow isn't really so somehow - I think the 'birds of a feather flock together' applies well with V - he just knows lots of super knowledgeable types.
So for the super round we got a bag of balls, and I claimed a soccer ball - I'd always been so annoyed in uni when I was hanging around my parents property and I didn't have one - cos they got all that space. From the main hamper I just took some fruit lolly things. Its more the psychological victory; me and V were singing 'We are the Champions' a-capella on the drive back to his house - with pride, too.

Stayed at V's house till a bit after 12, mainly just laughing at our victory. Then he mentioned he had to work, so I left.

Slept about 12:45.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home