Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"Its been a bad day" - REM

Not so much really nasty, just really, really slow and dull and wearying. And so; bad.

Got up about 7. Too late, again. Made lunch - then realised that I didn't need to, cos I was buying lunch for Mogli (Minty) cos he had passed his first CPA unit. The turkey had also passed its prime, so I had to throw it out. Sigh....

Surprisingly, I had quite a lot of work to do in the morning, but for some reason the time just dragged. And I mean dragged. It was quite insane.

Went for lunch with Mogli to Kome in Subiaco. He had to stop off and get liquor first - I have no idea why. Its quite tasty food, but not very big - I mean, we did get the smaller size, but it was still like $7.50 or something.
Then went to a coffee shop just across the street - Stimulatte. Wasn't too impressive, neither. And we were about 15 minutes too early for happy hour. Oh well.

Got back and had a fly of the helicopter in the boardroom. Funness. Nobody else in the office seems to appreciate it except for us, though - except maybe some of the partners.

If I thought the morning was bad, the afternoon was even worse. And to make it even worser, there was some exceptionally boring and pointless half hour meeting in the middle somewhere. Blech....

Something good at least - my DVDs and CDs from Amazon arrived. Yay!

Left at 5:30. And, man, was that a relief. All I wanted to do was just lie in front of the TV for the rest of the night. Was that gonna happen? Of course not....

Watched The Simpsons and Big Brother, which went for an hour, then there were more Simpsons. Bizarre.

Then I kept watching The Last King of Scotland, which proved to be a frustrating exercise in futility. I saw about half an hour, which probably equated to real running time of about 10 minutes, then just gave up. So... great.

Finished watching Aliens. Better than the first one, but still not anything special. I think they're missing a lot of opportunity, really. Given the material, I could've made a scarier show. Sneh.

Slept about 10:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home