Wednesday, June 27, 2007

4

Got up about 7:15 - probably woke up about 6:20, or so, which is later than normal, so when I went back to sleep I slept right through the end of the alarm mode (cos the radio stays on for an hour from 6-7).

So I was rushing - made lunch, but didn't get to work till after 8. And Mogli was already there, so he was complaining about stuff. Then I had sent him all these messages, the last one being about bringing his helicopter, which he didn't get so he didn't bring it. So he flew mine and broke it again. Actually, it just ran out of batteries while he was flying it. Still....

Did almost no work the entire day, until that BAS file finally came back at about 3 and I was able to lodge May's and start on June's. So the only work I was doing apart from that was helping Mogli with his stuff. Stupid frustrating bank rec stuff, which wasn't helped by Mogli not making sure his excel formulas were right. He's such a rossface sometimes - seriously.

Still, went and got coffee again at lunch. But it was raining slightly, so we had to drive. And we went to Fix, cos I wanted to try the mocha. So we both tried the mocha, even though Mogli vowed sometime ago that he would never go to Fix again. And, soon after trying the mocha, he vowed again. I think its more likely to stick this time - cos, seriously, its no competition to Epic.

Were planning to do some helicopter flying before lunch ended, but I had to charge it again, so that didn't happen - Mogli ended up getting a phone call, anyway.

Left about 5:30.

Watched The Simpsons, then went down to meet church uncle new/old treasurer guy for dinner at Tiamo at 6:30. Amazingly (cos he's Asian) he was already there - and had been for some time, I gather. Anyway, I looked at the specials and wanted to try the ribs, but they were out, so I had the panfried lamb instead. Which was really tasty, but weird, cos it looked like just a pile of salad and the veal was just tossed through it.
Then we had coffee. I wanted a biscuit, but they still had only florentines and anzacs - ew. So I just had a white vienna, which was the really small kind and quite bitter.

Then we went back to my house and went through the final bits and pieces. I was amazed how smoothly everything went, really. And I got rid of everything except my office keys - dang! The only other thing is that he is not a registered signatory, for some reason, so I still had to sign some cheques. But, apart from that....
ITS ALL OVER!
Even my Sunday counting duties have already been seconded (permanently) to the secretary guy. So that is absolutely it. And, just in case I was worried when he said that he'd probably only be doing it for a year, he added that at that stage they'll likely be looking for a proper accounts clerk who will be member of staff. Free...at last!

For my celebration party, I watched Big Brother that I had taped, which also had an episode of The Simpsons after it. Great. What a celebration....

Then I watched a little more Basic Instinct. More of the same, really.

Slept about 10:30. Tried to, anyway. Silly new housemate people were making noise, so I had to turn the fan on to try and drown them out. Ai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home