Thursday, April 05, 2007

Moe: "...and this is Cecil Hamptons on Cecil Cecil"

I think V was thinking of me not being able to wake up in time for work if we watched 300 last night, cos of the whole 'getting home at 3AM' thing. Well, I am vindicated, cos I went to bed at like 12, but ended up sleeping in and being late, anyway. Hah! Yeah! Shows how much he knows!
So after getting up at 7:30, and someone else was in the shower, so, try as I might, I couldn't get to work till 8:15 - which technically is late but, well, not really, I had to catch the bus into the city cos it was too late to walk down to that city client, which is what I normally do.

And everything probably would've been fine, cept they had this Easter/Birthday morning tea, so that lasted like half an hour or something. And then there was this fill-in finance guy who wanted this meeting... Anyway, so I only just got back to the office by 1.

And then, since I woke up too late and didn't have time to make lunch, I had to go and buy it at the local shop. But I still thought there'd be plenty of time....and there was, really. I finally settled on a pair, and have to prepare myself to pay like $300 for them. Oh, well. Square, with black frames. Not too thick. Like what I was thinking before I even looked, really. Just took a while to adapt to the dramatic changes.

Then it was back for the long afternoon, made to feel even longer by the rain which crept in at about 3 or so. Then they knocked of 5 minutes early (just as I predicted) to have drinks. So I had a Coke and Doritos. Then left.

And after some brief extra packing, and trying to get some scooter thing to stand up properly (???), it was time for the lovely, lovely, lovely drive down south. Did I mention that it was lovely?
Actually, it wasn't too slow, cept for the start bit of the freeway. Did pass for separate police people thingy what had people pulled over - and that was only between like South street and Thomas.
Then, for some unknown reason, they had blocked the highway just outside of Bunbury, so we had to take this stupid detour around it, which was one lane, and thus quite slow. Aarrgh!

Still, I got there about 9, so it really took only just over 3 hours.

And there was football on. Hooray. And the team I tipped lost greatly. Super.

Slept about 11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home