Homer: "Homerclese cares not for beans!"
Hmm, yes, well - I needed a quote about someone being sick. And that's from some episode where Homer is sick before so Marge rents some Hercules video - the least said about that the better. If I hint any more, someone I know will say something about me always watching those kind of shows. Even though I don't, like, ever. Seriously. Ten.
Anyway, so my point is that, although I am never in perfect health, I never seem to get sick nowadays - at least, not very often. It always used to be that I could guarantee a cold twice a year - in Summer, cos of the air-con, and in winter, cos of the general coldness. And they'd always be around the time of exams, too....
But now its like people talk about these bugs going round, and they never seem to come across me. Which is really surprising, cos I thought these things were supposed to be influenced by factors such as diet, sleep and general fitness - which for me I'm sure are all towards the low end of the postiveness scale. All I can think is that maybe I'm like Mr Burns - where there's a whole gang of evil stuff trying to get in at the same time, so they block each other?
Got up about about 6:45. The radio people were going on and on about how cold it was - felt pretty warm to me, actually, and I had my fan on with shirt and shorts and just a thin sheet. If that's 7 degrees.....
Had cereal, then had a donut. Which is like more than the sum total of breakfast for the past two weeks, or something. Must be the freezing weather....
Well, it was cold outside, anyway. Sort of.
Another rather boring working day. Almost got some job like at the end of the day (again), but the disc was having problems, cos it needed this software which is like not installed on my machine. Ahhh....
Mogli left about 12 or so, cos he was still suffering the after effects of food poisoning. He said that he came in cos he'd been away for like two weeks and knew I needed some stress release. And then he leaves! Still, its the thought that counts, right? Yes.
Read a little bit more of The Silmarillion. But the clock in the boardroom had stopped, so I didn't know what the time was. And when I went back to my desk I got distracted by computer stuff.
Left about 5:15 - I was still trying to get that software to work. Without success.
Watched three episodes of The Simpsons on TV, and three more episodes of Heroes on my computer. The new Simpsons were, of course, average at best. I watch them in vain hope, really. Heroes, on the other hand, is really, really great. But long and frustrating. Still, I shall need to buy the DVD when it comes out. Except that by that time it will be about 100 episodes long and thus insanely expensive.
Slept about 10:30.
Anyway, so my point is that, although I am never in perfect health, I never seem to get sick nowadays - at least, not very often. It always used to be that I could guarantee a cold twice a year - in Summer, cos of the air-con, and in winter, cos of the general coldness. And they'd always be around the time of exams, too....
But now its like people talk about these bugs going round, and they never seem to come across me. Which is really surprising, cos I thought these things were supposed to be influenced by factors such as diet, sleep and general fitness - which for me I'm sure are all towards the low end of the postiveness scale. All I can think is that maybe I'm like Mr Burns - where there's a whole gang of evil stuff trying to get in at the same time, so they block each other?
Got up about about 6:45. The radio people were going on and on about how cold it was - felt pretty warm to me, actually, and I had my fan on with shirt and shorts and just a thin sheet. If that's 7 degrees.....
Had cereal, then had a donut. Which is like more than the sum total of breakfast for the past two weeks, or something. Must be the freezing weather....
Well, it was cold outside, anyway. Sort of.
Another rather boring working day. Almost got some job like at the end of the day (again), but the disc was having problems, cos it needed this software which is like not installed on my machine. Ahhh....
Mogli left about 12 or so, cos he was still suffering the after effects of food poisoning. He said that he came in cos he'd been away for like two weeks and knew I needed some stress release. And then he leaves! Still, its the thought that counts, right? Yes.
Read a little bit more of The Silmarillion. But the clock in the boardroom had stopped, so I didn't know what the time was. And when I went back to my desk I got distracted by computer stuff.
Left about 5:15 - I was still trying to get that software to work. Without success.
Watched three episodes of The Simpsons on TV, and three more episodes of Heroes on my computer. The new Simpsons were, of course, average at best. I watch them in vain hope, really. Heroes, on the other hand, is really, really great. But long and frustrating. Still, I shall need to buy the DVD when it comes out. Except that by that time it will be about 100 episodes long and thus insanely expensive.
Slept about 10:30.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home