Nelson: "Here's the grapes....and here's the wrath!"
Am using that quote because The Grapes of Wrath is one of only two films, along with Chinatown, that stand in the way of me seeing the complete AFI's top 28, after having seen The Maltese Falcon this morning (while doing ironing), which is about 23.
Got up about 9, probably.
Went down to the post office, and finally managed to take my parcel. Incredibly boring it was, too.
Then I rang the council about getting a new bin. Turned out that I rang the wrong one to start off with - cos, of course, we're in the council of Subiaco, not Nedlands. Despite the fact that we live in Nedlands, not Subiaco. Ah....
Then I watched The Maltese Falcon. Which was good for film noir, I suppose, and some good acting, and a fast paced storyline. But the plot itself, with all its twists and turns, was just based on people telling lies - it wasn't really a mystery to solve, or nothing. Reminded me of James Bond without the fancy gadgets.
Then it was time for work. Mogli was back, at least, so that was great.
Had a Coke Zero, which was in a lovely glass bottle. Yay!
Then Mogli left at 4 to go to the doctor - something about food poisoning from the Eastern States since like last Tuesday, or something.
Left at 5.
Watched The Simpsons. Then I was watching the first two episodes of Heroes - rewatching, really. And seeing stuff that you don't realise when you watch it the first time, cos its all too confusing.
Did some accounts stuff as well. Am drastically running out of files - it is most annoying.
Then I watched 1 vs 100, which didn't start till almost 9 cos of the swimming. It seems that noone is ever going to do well - the last like 5 people have all gone out at question 5 - either getting it wrong or getting it right and leaving. Its annoying.
Slept about 10:45.
Got up about 9, probably.
Went down to the post office, and finally managed to take my parcel. Incredibly boring it was, too.
Then I rang the council about getting a new bin. Turned out that I rang the wrong one to start off with - cos, of course, we're in the council of Subiaco, not Nedlands. Despite the fact that we live in Nedlands, not Subiaco. Ah....
Then I watched The Maltese Falcon. Which was good for film noir, I suppose, and some good acting, and a fast paced storyline. But the plot itself, with all its twists and turns, was just based on people telling lies - it wasn't really a mystery to solve, or nothing. Reminded me of James Bond without the fancy gadgets.
Then it was time for work. Mogli was back, at least, so that was great.
Had a Coke Zero, which was in a lovely glass bottle. Yay!
Then Mogli left at 4 to go to the doctor - something about food poisoning from the Eastern States since like last Tuesday, or something.
Left at 5.
Watched The Simpsons. Then I was watching the first two episodes of Heroes - rewatching, really. And seeing stuff that you don't realise when you watch it the first time, cos its all too confusing.
Did some accounts stuff as well. Am drastically running out of files - it is most annoying.
Then I watched 1 vs 100, which didn't start till almost 9 cos of the swimming. It seems that noone is ever going to do well - the last like 5 people have all gone out at question 5 - either getting it wrong or getting it right and leaving. Its annoying.
Slept about 10:45.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home