Sunday, October 08, 2006

Marge: "These Swedish designers are so out there! A green table! Who'd have thought?"

Got up at 9. However, the office at 93 Collins road is in the process of being paved and thus access is limited. So I wrote cheques at home, with the intention of popping over later. Although, that never happened.

V told me yesterday he wouldn't be coming today cos of his thing. So I had Jesters for lunch.

As I was driving back home from buying the pies, I had to put my drink where my ipod went, and it was too short a journey to hook it up again so I listened to the radio, the next channel down (5) being JJJ. And, it was playing the same song as it was playing the last time I listened to JJJ, which was last (as in last last) Friday when I drove Mogli out to Garbo. Some terrible song by women with British accents.....some sort of rap/r&b/disco thing about 'that's the way the cookie crumbles'. This stuff happens to me all the time.....actually, it happened again later on.

I decided to take a break from Six Feet Under (after watching another episode or so while doing ironing), so I watched Infernal Affairs instead. And I didn't get very far into it when it seemed as if the plot was very similar to what I knew from the trailer for The Departed - and since V had said it was a Hollywood version of some Asian film, I started thinking, well...... And it was definitely it, cos I confirmed it with V later.
Also, it struck me that the last two Martin Scorsese films (this one and The Aviator) have both been adapted from previous films. I think he must be losing his touch, or something.

Started watching Super Size Me. But, although it was confirmed at the start that Americans are fat, it was pointed out again so many times that, to me at least, it was confirmed that they are also stoopid. I watched less than an hour (and it went for about 2 hours, inc ads) before turning it off cos it was just the same old stuff over and over - and he was only up to day 15! And they're showing interviews like with the guy who's father and uncle started Baskin Robbins, who ate 3 square meals of icecream, and he's surprised that they were all so unhealthy...... Then there's other people who are saying we should start slamming fat people in public, cos its just like smoking, apparently.

Slept about 11:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home