"Its all good, mate, its all good - well, except the fact that I got voted out. That bit completely sucks!" - Ricky Muscat, upon leaving Aus. Idol
Actually, he didn't really say that bit after the dash. But, damn, it woulda been good if someone would say that. I mean, seriously, since he can't sing very well, you'd think he'd come up with a better going out line. Oh well. If I cared, then I'd care. Its just one of those missed opportunities.
Oh....and belated congratulations to Bernard Fanning for winning both male artist and album of the year (the latter being the most coveted award) at the ARIAs yesterday. Eat that, Wolfmother! Hah! Nah....they're OK. But still, hah! Isn't it amazing that of the (apparently) 1,457 Australian albums released last year, I only own one (the one that won) and have most of another (which was a contender). I rock!
But at past ARIAs, I barely remember seeing Powderfinger. So this suggests to me that maybe the Australian music industry isn't so tone deaf as I previously thought.
And another thing - that Taasha Coates from The Audreys (which won best Blues and Roots album) looks and sounds almost exactly like whoever it is that sings on Flashdance by Deep Dish.....which I just found out is called Flashdance cos its a remix of one of the songs from the Flash Dance soundtrack - called He's the man, or something.
Got up at 9:30. I was pretty impressed with that. Actually, I was more impressed when I looked over at my clock without glasses and the time looked like 7:30. Oh well.
Watched more West Wing till about 12 while finishing my ironing - cept for the new shirt, which I ironed later. By the end of the day had watched up to the end of disc 2 - that's the first 8 episodes. There's some good points, but on the whole its mainly bad. And I'm disagreeing more and more with their policies and how they achieve results.
Did accounts stuff, including entering all the cheques to date and all but two of the other payment vouchers. The rest will have to wait until the other stuff which I won't get till Friday and won't be able to do until Saturday night even though it needs to be done by Sunday, cos of this great leaders meeting. Great.
Rang Accountants Super to check my income, which, although they couldn't tell this to me straight, was an extra $28. Which gives a net result of $15. Which is a return of about 5%, at most. Rang Mogli and told him about it. Then he ended up keeping me on the phone for 15 minutes cos he was alone in the boardroom for lunch, and was watching Oprah about people coming out of the closet in the workplace. He did convince me to talk to a more friendly partner about my financial situation, though. So he's not totally useless, I guess. Despite outward appearances.
Had my usual from Stoodent Cafe for lunch (some like honey bbq pork with fried rice, or something? I donno. But its nice. And only like $3), while watching the season 1 finale from Thank God You're Here. Its a classic, really. I'm not real impressed with the lineup for this week, like last week. I mean, I guess its good they're letting new people on, but they should be throwing in at least one tried and tested, just in case its a total mess. Though, Glen Robbins should be OK. I guess.
Left for Garbo just after 3:30. Went to the camera section in Myer. Was looking for a bit, then the store guy came over and I go "I want like a 6x zoom camera but.... (as in, I don't want to pay too much)" and he goes "there's an Olympus one for only $300" so I go "well, what about the exposure" and he's like "well 2 seconds is the standard though there's like 15 coming out next year (or something)". And, even better, they weren't getting that particular Olympus model in for another month, so I didn't have to feel guilty about not buying it.
Then I went to the clothing section and found a 42 greeny type shirt. I tried it on and it was fine, so got that straight away. Had a nice discussion with the seller guy about how my credit card wouldn't read (which it didn't). He said something about their equipment being antiquated (and I just had to use the dictionary to make sure that was the word I was thinking of. And in the meantime, I checked my Goodtree, which has earned 11 cents. Eat that, poverty!).
Got my VVL after that. Aaaahhhh....good stuff.
Raced a police car on the way back. Well, not really, but I was driving in front of it the whole time on the freeway. There there was this idiot who was going like 80 (or more) in a 60 zone parallel with the police but two lanes over. Then he gets to the 80 sign just near the Mill Point road entrance and slams on the brakes.....funny stuff.
Watched The Simpsons, then Futurama. Saw the last few minutes of Idol. Man is it stupid how they went on and on deciding between Chris and the Irish guy, then finally sent the Irish guy out (to make a bottom 3 out of 5!!! morons!), then the Irish guy stands there for two seconds and they send him back.
Watched SVU. It was another episode I've seen before - of course! They've only just finished season 7, or whichever it is. Although there must be plenty of episodes I haven't seen. Especially the earlier ones without Ice-T, and whoever else.
Slept about 10:30.
Oh....and belated congratulations to Bernard Fanning for winning both male artist and album of the year (the latter being the most coveted award) at the ARIAs yesterday. Eat that, Wolfmother! Hah! Nah....they're OK. But still, hah! Isn't it amazing that of the (apparently) 1,457 Australian albums released last year, I only own one (the one that won) and have most of another (which was a contender). I rock!
But at past ARIAs, I barely remember seeing Powderfinger. So this suggests to me that maybe the Australian music industry isn't so tone deaf as I previously thought.
And another thing - that Taasha Coates from The Audreys (which won best Blues and Roots album) looks and sounds almost exactly like whoever it is that sings on Flashdance by Deep Dish.....which I just found out is called Flashdance cos its a remix of one of the songs from the Flash Dance soundtrack - called He's the man, or something.
Got up at 9:30. I was pretty impressed with that. Actually, I was more impressed when I looked over at my clock without glasses and the time looked like 7:30. Oh well.
Watched more West Wing till about 12 while finishing my ironing - cept for the new shirt, which I ironed later. By the end of the day had watched up to the end of disc 2 - that's the first 8 episodes. There's some good points, but on the whole its mainly bad. And I'm disagreeing more and more with their policies and how they achieve results.
Did accounts stuff, including entering all the cheques to date and all but two of the other payment vouchers. The rest will have to wait until the other stuff which I won't get till Friday and won't be able to do until Saturday night even though it needs to be done by Sunday, cos of this great leaders meeting. Great.
Rang Accountants Super to check my income, which, although they couldn't tell this to me straight, was an extra $28. Which gives a net result of $15. Which is a return of about 5%, at most. Rang Mogli and told him about it. Then he ended up keeping me on the phone for 15 minutes cos he was alone in the boardroom for lunch, and was watching Oprah about people coming out of the closet in the workplace. He did convince me to talk to a more friendly partner about my financial situation, though. So he's not totally useless, I guess. Despite outward appearances.
Had my usual from Stoodent Cafe for lunch (some like honey bbq pork with fried rice, or something? I donno. But its nice. And only like $3), while watching the season 1 finale from Thank God You're Here. Its a classic, really. I'm not real impressed with the lineup for this week, like last week. I mean, I guess its good they're letting new people on, but they should be throwing in at least one tried and tested, just in case its a total mess. Though, Glen Robbins should be OK. I guess.
Left for Garbo just after 3:30. Went to the camera section in Myer. Was looking for a bit, then the store guy came over and I go "I want like a 6x zoom camera but.... (as in, I don't want to pay too much)" and he goes "there's an Olympus one for only $300" so I go "well, what about the exposure" and he's like "well 2 seconds is the standard though there's like 15 coming out next year (or something)". And, even better, they weren't getting that particular Olympus model in for another month, so I didn't have to feel guilty about not buying it.
Then I went to the clothing section and found a 42 greeny type shirt. I tried it on and it was fine, so got that straight away. Had a nice discussion with the seller guy about how my credit card wouldn't read (which it didn't). He said something about their equipment being antiquated (and I just had to use the dictionary to make sure that was the word I was thinking of. And in the meantime, I checked my Goodtree, which has earned 11 cents. Eat that, poverty!).
Got my VVL after that. Aaaahhhh....good stuff.
Raced a police car on the way back. Well, not really, but I was driving in front of it the whole time on the freeway. There there was this idiot who was going like 80 (or more) in a 60 zone parallel with the police but two lanes over. Then he gets to the 80 sign just near the Mill Point road entrance and slams on the brakes.....funny stuff.
Watched The Simpsons, then Futurama. Saw the last few minutes of Idol. Man is it stupid how they went on and on deciding between Chris and the Irish guy, then finally sent the Irish guy out (to make a bottom 3 out of 5!!! morons!), then the Irish guy stands there for two seconds and they send him back.
Watched SVU. It was another episode I've seen before - of course! They've only just finished season 7, or whichever it is. Although there must be plenty of episodes I haven't seen. Especially the earlier ones without Ice-T, and whoever else.
Slept about 10:30.

1 Comments:
Thanks for spreading the word about GoodTree! We're just a few people, but we hope to make a big impact. We are busy adding new features, starting a blog of our own, preparing to publish financials for transparency, and working with the charities to increase the GoodTree reach. Thanks again, and we look forward to having you back to the site. Together, we can make a difference!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home