Sunday, October 22, 2006

Marge: "Homer, don't take this the wrong way, but I got a restraining order to prevent you from planning this wedding"

Homer: "Well, this seems to be in order. If you need me, I'll be at Moe's"

The reverse of the name card at the wedding dinner. Plus some fridge magnet thingy.

Got up before my alarm at about 8:45. Watched some TV and continued preparing the cheques and support for salaries.

Left for church at 10. Continued with the salary stuff, and some of the other accounting blah. Didn't finish till 11:15, so I was late. And, of cos, this was the one time when it was really crowded, due to the guest speaker from Creation Ministries, and all these Joy City church guests - which included them leading worship (actually, the entire worship team) and their pastor doing announcements. Seemed a little odd to me...

V was really slow in leaving. It seemed like he was just sticking around to stick around, but he ended up talking to some of the Joy City people, so I guess he had his reasons. I spent most of the time trying to get into the library to leave my old bible what I replaced with that ESV one.

We went to Taurus, but it was full, of cos. So, we just gave up and headed for Southlands. Then, suddenly, I suggested Nandos and V said he'd been thinking that, so we went there instead. And we both got the half chicken, cos a few times back we both got the quarter and it was way too small. But suddenly, this was a big half. Still managed to finish it, but it was a lot.
I finally managed to update him on my computer problems, but he didn't really know about how to fix my BIOS problem.
Called Mogli back, cos he'd left a message during church. We arranged to meet to try and get to the dinner as late as possible, plus he had to go to the city to pick his girlfriend, so we was gonna look for clothes. Anyway, I tried to end it as soon as possible without being too abrupt, cos I felt bad cos V was looking uncomfortable - and I've been to too many one on one outings where the other person talks on the phone the whole time to know how he was feeling.

Went back home to change for the wedding thing, and to check email and stuff. Then went to work, cos its a handy place to park, at 4:20. Mogli was just arriving at the same time. Went down to the city, feeling really silly cos we were like way too overdressed. I managed to get some pants from Myer, anyway. Just two for the moment. Was looking for a different-like coloured shirt, but couldn't find one.

Got to Burswood about 6:15. But, of cos, everyone was still having drinks, although they were beginning to move inside. I drank lots of water and ate my bread, cos the entree was all seafood. Had some pretty good coke, too. Well mixed pre-mix, or so I guessed.
Had chicken for mains - it was pretty tasty. Then was dessert, which was OK. It looked better than it tasted, I guess. The tart was the best bit, minus the strawberries, of cos. Then there was tea, which was really great. Really great tea. I so needed that.
Then there was dancing and that. Some of the work people were really.....skilled. It was amusing to watch, in any case. Us young people on our table had some good conversations and stuff about the music and that. Then we left at 9:30.

I went straight to 13's place. Watched some more Foxtel till about 1. Saw some of my favourite comedies in a row - Becker, Just Shoot Me, Frasier then Seinfeld, although I had the latter episode so I slept then. Also saw the end of an episode of The West Wing, which I haven't seen in the DVDs yet. Although I am only up to season 1 episode 12 or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home