Monday, May 22, 2006

Marge: "Homer, did you tell the mafia they could run my pretzel business through instilling fear by assault and murder of my competitiors?"

Homer: "In those words?...........Yes."

Kinda got woken up by the washing machine people ringing me to tell me it'd be here between 11 and 2, but was kinda awake already. Got out of bed by about 9:30; maybe a bit later.

Wrote about 700 words on my assignment when my dad showed up at 12:15 for lunch. Went to Tiamo's - was half expecting a call from the washing machine people like right in the middle there somewhere.

Got back at 1:45 and there was a truck just pulling up at the other end of the street. Turned out to be the guy, so....
Got him to unwrap it and take out the travelling bolts (reminded me of Star Wars episode 4 where R2-D2 goes wandering off....anyway). So on the advice of the instructions, ran a wash using powder but no clothes and heat. Unfortunately, I neglected to realise how foamy a front loader does indeed get, cos I came down about half an hour later and foam was flowing out everywhere. At least the water got nice and hot - was worried that the temperature thing wasn't working for a moment there.
So it seemed to work pretty OK in the end. Unfortunately, I don't really have any washing left to do now....

So I finished writing my assignment by about 4:30, but that didn't include references, which I didn't finish till about 6:45, though I watched The Simpsons in the middle there. So then I had to drive out to the place, and there was a car proof gate across the road. Lucky there was no fence like next door, otherwise I may have had to do something semi-legal. Luckily, I just parked in the driveway and went and slid the paper under the doorway. Good enough for me....
heh.

Watched 2 and a bit episodes of Seinfeld to relieve my stress. Worked pretty well too, I have to say.

Listened to Stadium Arcadium a bit during my assignment writing in the morning. Its a very nice albumn......as in, it sounds nice. Easy to listen to, rolls off the ears, if there is such a thing. But not easy listening like Jack Johnson (shudder) but like.......Moby, but more refined. I donno......
I just don't see where all these people are getting 'this albumn rocks' cos it doesn't.....in that sense.
Nyeh.

Anyway, another week now. And I've had no time to go shopping, so I guess its buying lunch again. And you know what that means.....
well, maybe you don't. But I do. Yep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home