Monday, April 24, 2006

"If every instinct you've had is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right" - Jerry Seinfeld

Didn't sleep in very well. Was too hot, or something. Plus, I kept thinking it was a lot later than it was - it turned out to be like just past 9 when I finally got out of bed.

Watched an episode of Seinfeld, then went to a friend's house and did part of my washing. Went back and watched another episode (mostly), then went back but it wasn't done. So I stayed there and watched some Grey's Anatomy. Thus doing two loads and also hanging it on their line cos mine was kinda full.

It was about 12:30 at that stage, so I did my shopping. Bought a lot of a lot of stuff - $120 worth. Hopefully it will last me a few days. I managed to get everything on my list, including an air freshner, a (nother) window cleaner for my car and some diet supplements - though, like that Centrum stuff, it probably won't make any difference.

Got some KFC for lunch - a toasted sweet chilli twister. And the smell near drove me to insanity - it was after 1:30 at this stage, and I hadn't eaten anything all day.

Got a rental inspection notice for 5th May. Hooray!

After eating lunch (and watching more Sienfeld) I left to go to Garbo - about 2:30.

Went to Just Jeans - I seemed to be about the only guy in the place, the rest were all mothers and teenage girls. I thus only bought 1 pair of obviously male chinos, cos the denim scene has too much variety and I figured I might wander into the wrong area.

Was inexorably drawn towards Gloria Jeans and got a VVL. I'm only human after all.....

Went to Harmony - was planning to go to Sanity, but it wasn't in the place I thought it was. Got Songs from Black Mountain - which, despite what V might say, has nothing to do with a certain recent film.....

Drove back into the beautiful, but disturbingly ominous, black rolling rainclouds. Saw it pouring off somewhere up behind Kings Park - a considerable distance behind, I'm sure.

So after I got home and ripped the Live thingy, I went over to pick up my washing....and it was already raining. Heavy, but light, if you know what I mean.

Spread the washing out in the laundry, cos there wasn't much point putting it outside - esp. since it was almost dark and would inevitably rain sometime before I awake tommorrow.
However, most of the ironing stuff I just put with the ironing board already, since it was only damp and could be ironed dry.

Watched some more Seinfeld, played some more CivII, did some more accounts, watched episode 9 of Ghost in the Shell - a very good one about the Laughing Man, but its really just a bunch of people talking in a room. The 'host' for the chatroom, who I believe is a pseudo-character of the laughing man, seems very similar to Quentin Tarrantino....

Got the new Red Hot Chilli Peppers single - Dani California - off itunes, cos it seems pretty nice. Also, Exit Music (for a Film) by Radiohead as interpreted by Christopher O'Reiley - and I think its the same version of the song that was used on Unfaithful.

Don't RHCP use 'California' like way too much?

Just discovered today that my favourite pair of shorts is has a hole (make that two) when the pocket joins on in the middle on the butt. Which means I'm more or less back to two pairs, if that, which means more money spending....but hopefully now it can wait until about October when it starts being warm again......

Now, a picture of a bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home