Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"we're gonna dance in the river...." - delirious?















Woke up with alarm at 7:15 - cos didn't have to pray. Oh, bliss! Well, not really - I was still tired. Plus I had to rush more.

Worked 9-3.

Finished Prayer:Letters to Malcolm and moved straight on to Reflections on the Psalms. The prayer thing got a little abstract and off the prayer point a lot of the time. Though there was a great chapter on why its a burden and why it will probably remain so for a long time.

Continued loading on more programmes and stuff. But the computer is just going so ridiculously slow, it takes me ages to do anything. I am really at a loss about it - and I don't want to take it to anyone, cos they'll probably just charge me money to tell me thats as fast as it will ever go, like those other people, even though they're wrong.

Watched 'X2'. Not as good as I remember it in the theatre. Unlike the other film I watched at the same time - 'Matrix Reloaded' - which has gotten considerably better with repeated viewings. Bizzare.

Left for Delirious? at 6 - got to Riverview around 6:25. Thus, got a semi-good kinda position in the line. Had a small conversation with some people who spoke a strange language - almost sounded African though they looked quite Asian - who had no idea, really, about what sort of music Delirious? played - their pastor just told them to go, or something. Got in around 7:05. The Riverview band came on at 7:30 and played till about 8. Then Delirious? came on around 8:30 and played till 10:10.

First was Here I am send me (from Mission Bell), then Rain Down (from World Service). I'm not gonna be able to remember the order of what they played, but the songs that I recall were:
The Mission Bell:
Now is the time, Miracle Maker, Paint the town red, Solid Rock, Take off my shoes
World Service:
Inside Outside, God in Heaven, Majesty (here I am)
King of Fools:
History Maker, What a Friend I've Found
Cutting Edge:
Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble?
There was also at least 1 song I didn't know - something about 'flying', or something. There seemed to be quite a few people who knew that song but not many others, which leads me to believe that its from 'Touch', the apparent crossover albumn.
There was also a lot of 'filler' type stuff, which included choruses which sounded like they may be from songs, but might not have been.
And the best part was when Martin Smith got us all to join hands and jump to the chorus of 'we're gonna dance in the river'.
Although his voice seemed to hold up, Riverview seems to have a sound system that doesn't do the band justice. And they now have all these lovely cushioned seats like a movie theatre, but the whole thing was standing up.

Then, as is my custom, I bought a shirt. A d-shirt (thats my own invention - I think its pretty cool).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home