Lunchlady Doris: "The kitchen staff are complaining of rat infestation. I want to hire a new staff."
Woke up around 8:15.
Watched some Video Hits/Rage. Saw some very bad stuff (ie Lee Harding's 'Wasabi', Sugababes, Pussycat Dolls, etc), but also some quite good stuff (U2, Bernard Fanning, Eurythmics, Coldplay).
Went grocery shopping. Saw Rich & GF - I was kinda surprised, since they live in West Perth that they'd be shopping at Subi. Though I guess its closer than Crawley.
Driving around looking for a spot for like 10 minutes - nothing. So I told God out loud that I was getting pretty bored and could we please have a spot thankyou (though I wasn't as polite). And wouldn't you know it - turn the corner and there was one right there. And it was really close to the entrance, too. But the weirdest thing - it wasn't as if a car had just pulled out, and there were plenty of other cars around, but noone was going for that spot. I kept expecting some angry person to start yelling, cos they were waiting for it and we didn't see them, or something. I was really befuddled.
Saw a weird Subway sign, too. It listed out the times it was open, as follows:
Monday 8AM - 10PM
Tuesday 8AM - 10PM
Wednesday 8AM - 10PM
Thursday 8AM - 10PM
Friday 8AM - 10PM
Saturday 8AM - 10PM
Sunday 8AM - 10PM
Now, wouldn't it've been much smarter to say, 'open 8AM - 10PM, seven days a week'? As FD said, they probably just want to fill up the A4 sheet of paper.
Went into a frame shop to try and buy a frame for my CA thingy. But its an odd sized piece of paper, and I wasn't confident that the non-standard size (between A4 and A3) was big enough.
Katty offerred to buy KFC for lunch. I wanted Mountain Doo, and it turned out that there were no 600ml bottles, but she managed to convince them to give me two cans instead - which means I got about 150ml more....
Incidentally, the car place wasn't open. So, now I'll have to do a 'leap of faith' thingy, since there is no other convenient time to return V's car except tommorrow, then I'll just have to go to the place at 8:30 on Monday morning and hope there isn't any sudden problem. If there is, I'll just have to sue, I guess.
Started watching 'And Now for Something Completely Different'. Has quite a few good sketches on it, but, obviously, since its only an 85 minute show, it misses out plenty of really good sketches, too. Especially the ones that run for an entire episode.
Watched 'Just Like Heaven', but had to watch it on FD's laptop, since it didn't work on the Xbox. It was quite an enjoyable film, but was in most parts too much like 'Ghost' and in other parts too much like '50 First Dates' and in other parts too much like you're standard run of the mill romantic comedy, and it didn't seem to make a difference that she was invisible to everyone else.
Did about an hour and a half more of FCC accounts. Have thus almost got back on schedule - only a few cheques to write and a lot of cash to pay. Also, I didn't get the collection sheet from last week - so I hope they kept it somewhere.
Watched a tiny bit of 'Road to Perdition'. But so far theres only been the suggestion of gangster business.
Watched 'Jumanji' on TV after The Simpsons (Who Shot Mr Burns pt 1 - a classic on so many levels). Its still a great film. I thought I remember hearing some rumour that they were making Jumanji 2 - but I may just be crazy.
Watched 'The Green Mile' on channel 7 after that. A way too long show, though - 3.5 hours with ads. I think this is the second time I've seen it, and I guess I watched it more closely, cos it seemed to be a lot closer to the book than I remember. Though I think Stephen King's view of good & evil is way too oversimplified in that show. Especially since John Coffey (I believe on purpose) indirectly causes the death of Wild Billy - but this is seen as a perfectly good thing (cos hes a bad man, boss).
Have finished ripping all my CDs up to about J - with the exception of Visions by Jakatta, since it is quite scratched, and my CD-ROM drive doesn't recognise it. However, I know my DVD-ROM drive does - but it is still not being recognised itself. So I got FD to burn me a new copy of it, since it works in his laptop.
And thats one full CD holder done - so I'll have to change it with a new one. And while I'm doing that, I should remember to get those Todd Agnew CDs for Val....but I probably won't.
And finally, another PS picture. The bag was so much better this year - a like proper type one instead of the plastic ones from previous years. But, its obviously not supposed to be used as a heavy duty carrying implement - indeed, mine has developed a tear down the side already. But, damn, it looks pretty impressive......
Watched some Video Hits/Rage. Saw some very bad stuff (ie Lee Harding's 'Wasabi', Sugababes, Pussycat Dolls, etc), but also some quite good stuff (U2, Bernard Fanning, Eurythmics, Coldplay).
Went grocery shopping. Saw Rich & GF - I was kinda surprised, since they live in West Perth that they'd be shopping at Subi. Though I guess its closer than Crawley.
Driving around looking for a spot for like 10 minutes - nothing. So I told God out loud that I was getting pretty bored and could we please have a spot thankyou (though I wasn't as polite). And wouldn't you know it - turn the corner and there was one right there. And it was really close to the entrance, too. But the weirdest thing - it wasn't as if a car had just pulled out, and there were plenty of other cars around, but noone was going for that spot. I kept expecting some angry person to start yelling, cos they were waiting for it and we didn't see them, or something. I was really befuddled.
Saw a weird Subway sign, too. It listed out the times it was open, as follows:
Monday 8AM - 10PM
Tuesday 8AM - 10PM
Wednesday 8AM - 10PM
Thursday 8AM - 10PM
Friday 8AM - 10PM
Saturday 8AM - 10PM
Sunday 8AM - 10PM
Now, wouldn't it've been much smarter to say, 'open 8AM - 10PM, seven days a week'? As FD said, they probably just want to fill up the A4 sheet of paper.
Went into a frame shop to try and buy a frame for my CA thingy. But its an odd sized piece of paper, and I wasn't confident that the non-standard size (between A4 and A3) was big enough.
Katty offerred to buy KFC for lunch. I wanted Mountain Doo, and it turned out that there were no 600ml bottles, but she managed to convince them to give me two cans instead - which means I got about 150ml more....
Incidentally, the car place wasn't open. So, now I'll have to do a 'leap of faith' thingy, since there is no other convenient time to return V's car except tommorrow, then I'll just have to go to the place at 8:30 on Monday morning and hope there isn't any sudden problem. If there is, I'll just have to sue, I guess.
Started watching 'And Now for Something Completely Different'. Has quite a few good sketches on it, but, obviously, since its only an 85 minute show, it misses out plenty of really good sketches, too. Especially the ones that run for an entire episode.
Watched 'Just Like Heaven', but had to watch it on FD's laptop, since it didn't work on the Xbox. It was quite an enjoyable film, but was in most parts too much like 'Ghost' and in other parts too much like '50 First Dates' and in other parts too much like you're standard run of the mill romantic comedy, and it didn't seem to make a difference that she was invisible to everyone else.
Did about an hour and a half more of FCC accounts. Have thus almost got back on schedule - only a few cheques to write and a lot of cash to pay. Also, I didn't get the collection sheet from last week - so I hope they kept it somewhere.
Watched a tiny bit of 'Road to Perdition'. But so far theres only been the suggestion of gangster business.
Watched 'Jumanji' on TV after The Simpsons (Who Shot Mr Burns pt 1 - a classic on so many levels). Its still a great film. I thought I remember hearing some rumour that they were making Jumanji 2 - but I may just be crazy.
Watched 'The Green Mile' on channel 7 after that. A way too long show, though - 3.5 hours with ads. I think this is the second time I've seen it, and I guess I watched it more closely, cos it seemed to be a lot closer to the book than I remember. Though I think Stephen King's view of good & evil is way too oversimplified in that show. Especially since John Coffey (I believe on purpose) indirectly causes the death of Wild Billy - but this is seen as a perfectly good thing (cos hes a bad man, boss).
Have finished ripping all my CDs up to about J - with the exception of Visions by Jakatta, since it is quite scratched, and my CD-ROM drive doesn't recognise it. However, I know my DVD-ROM drive does - but it is still not being recognised itself. So I got FD to burn me a new copy of it, since it works in his laptop.
And thats one full CD holder done - so I'll have to change it with a new one. And while I'm doing that, I should remember to get those Todd Agnew CDs for Val....but I probably won't.
And finally, another PS picture. The bag was so much better this year - a like proper type one instead of the plastic ones from previous years. But, its obviously not supposed to be used as a heavy duty carrying implement - indeed, mine has developed a tear down the side already. But, damn, it looks pretty impressive......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home