Homer: "I'm on my way!"
(guessing a Wheel of Fortune puzzle, just after Marge tells him to remember to pick up Bart)
Using this quote, cos that scene was in my head today for some reason. And then, I was watching The Simpsons, and it was that episode. And, even stranger, I was watching news headlines on the other channel, so missed the starting credits etc, and that exact phrase was the first thing I saw of the episode. Ooooooooohhh!
Woke up at 6 - very tired. Finished my shower around 6:45 again. Did a little praying, but not much, cos I was too tired. Did a little more reading, but still too tired. Finished making lunch by 8, so watched more Star Wars Episode 1 till 8:20. Must've got all green lights, or something, cos got to work by 8:45.
Worked 9-3.
Went to Koorong after, cos I had to spend my $10 voucher before it expires on Wednesday. Bought 'Mere Christianity' by CS Lewis - cos its such a great book. Yay!
Went and got petrol for V's car. Somehow it fit more than 30 litres. Weird having these analogue fuel gauges - it took the entire journey from the petrol station to the house for it to make it up to full.
Started ripping some more CDs. Have now finished the 'Ds'.
Rang Harvest West and confirmed that results had been sent out on the 10th. However, could not confirm which address they had been sent to - apparently, the guys gonna check on Monday. In any case, though, I guess, a new one will be sent then. Hopefully, I haven't failed OT Survey, cos if I had it would be wiser doing it again straight away, since it is 'live' this sem.
Finished watching Episode 1. Started watching Episode 2. Fantastic.
My phone died from lack of power early afternoon. Checked it around 10pm, and apparently my car is ready. Am thus gonna pop in tommorrow morning (probably). I don't forsee a problem, but the lady seemed pretty insistant that I ring her first... Which is good, cos it means I can return V's car to his house on Sunday - otherwise, it would've been pretty inconvenient.
Got my contract for my new job today. Haven't had time to read it - I figure I shall have to scrutinise it fairly closely, what with the 'less hours' arrangement, 'n all.
I also tried once again to find them on the CA website, so I can put it in as change of workplace. Searched just under 'pa', and found them like that. I entered the start date as 7/2, since thats what their letter says. But then you have to put 'position' and 'department'....though I guess it doesn't really matter. I put 'accountant' and 'business services' - as general as possible.
Went out for dinner to Tak Chi (or whatever) for chicken rice. That chicken rice was pretty nice. (blah)
Was gonna go to Indiana Teahouse for dessert, but, at the last minute, people decided they wanted to do shopping, so went to Harbourtown (incidentally, they didn't end up buying anything). I, however, got my briefcase (for $32) and two DVDs (for $15 each) - The Road to Perdition, and And Now for Something Completely Different - a movie (though only 85 minutes) of Monty Python Sketches. I noted that channel 10 played it on boxing day, but I was in Yallingup so couldn't watch it. I think its difficult to go wrong with a 'best of' Monty Python, though. I was looking through the chapters, and the first sketch is 'how not to be seen', which is certainly one I really like. Especially with the guy going crazy at the end and blowing up stuff with mushroom clouds......
Watched more of Episode 2. Saw a little tennis - 'The guy who always wins' and 'the guy whos gonna lose' were kinda even at 1 set all. Then 'the guy who always wins' won the next 6-0 and was winning the last 4-1. So now 'the guy who always wins' will be playing 'the guy who, really, has absolutely no chance even though he may be a sentimental favourite' in the final.
Such a pity that I really don't care.......
Using this quote, cos that scene was in my head today for some reason. And then, I was watching The Simpsons, and it was that episode. And, even stranger, I was watching news headlines on the other channel, so missed the starting credits etc, and that exact phrase was the first thing I saw of the episode. Ooooooooohhh!
Woke up at 6 - very tired. Finished my shower around 6:45 again. Did a little praying, but not much, cos I was too tired. Did a little more reading, but still too tired. Finished making lunch by 8, so watched more Star Wars Episode 1 till 8:20. Must've got all green lights, or something, cos got to work by 8:45.
Worked 9-3.
Went to Koorong after, cos I had to spend my $10 voucher before it expires on Wednesday. Bought 'Mere Christianity' by CS Lewis - cos its such a great book. Yay!
Went and got petrol for V's car. Somehow it fit more than 30 litres. Weird having these analogue fuel gauges - it took the entire journey from the petrol station to the house for it to make it up to full.
Started ripping some more CDs. Have now finished the 'Ds'.
Rang Harvest West and confirmed that results had been sent out on the 10th. However, could not confirm which address they had been sent to - apparently, the guys gonna check on Monday. In any case, though, I guess, a new one will be sent then. Hopefully, I haven't failed OT Survey, cos if I had it would be wiser doing it again straight away, since it is 'live' this sem.
Finished watching Episode 1. Started watching Episode 2. Fantastic.
My phone died from lack of power early afternoon. Checked it around 10pm, and apparently my car is ready. Am thus gonna pop in tommorrow morning (probably). I don't forsee a problem, but the lady seemed pretty insistant that I ring her first... Which is good, cos it means I can return V's car to his house on Sunday - otherwise, it would've been pretty inconvenient.
Got my contract for my new job today. Haven't had time to read it - I figure I shall have to scrutinise it fairly closely, what with the 'less hours' arrangement, 'n all.
I also tried once again to find them on the CA website, so I can put it in as change of workplace. Searched just under 'pa', and found them like that. I entered the start date as 7/2, since thats what their letter says. But then you have to put 'position' and 'department'....though I guess it doesn't really matter. I put 'accountant' and 'business services' - as general as possible.
Went out for dinner to Tak Chi (or whatever) for chicken rice. That chicken rice was pretty nice. (blah)
Was gonna go to Indiana Teahouse for dessert, but, at the last minute, people decided they wanted to do shopping, so went to Harbourtown (incidentally, they didn't end up buying anything). I, however, got my briefcase (for $32) and two DVDs (for $15 each) - The Road to Perdition, and And Now for Something Completely Different - a movie (though only 85 minutes) of Monty Python Sketches. I noted that channel 10 played it on boxing day, but I was in Yallingup so couldn't watch it. I think its difficult to go wrong with a 'best of' Monty Python, though. I was looking through the chapters, and the first sketch is 'how not to be seen', which is certainly one I really like. Especially with the guy going crazy at the end and blowing up stuff with mushroom clouds......
Watched more of Episode 2. Saw a little tennis - 'The guy who always wins' and 'the guy whos gonna lose' were kinda even at 1 set all. Then 'the guy who always wins' won the next 6-0 and was winning the last 4-1. So now 'the guy who always wins' will be playing 'the guy who, really, has absolutely no chance even though he may be a sentimental favourite' in the final.
Such a pity that I really don't care.......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home