"Just one more thing, and then its done" - Michael Sullivan, Road to Perdition
Woke up with alarm at 7:15.
Drove V's car to church. Had the windows down initially, but it was actually too cold.
Got results for OT Survey - they had been forwarded to B's address. Got a B - 82%. A's start at 85, so thats a bit of a gyp. But, hey, I'm not complaining.
Dropped V's car back at his house, then went to WL's house for Chinese New Year lunch. Saw a bit of Alien 3 on their foxtel - it was pretty gross. Left at about 2:30.
Had to explain to parents how to install some software that had been deleted during the crisis event. It wasn't too painful....
Did more church account stuff - pretty much completely up to date now, except for one cheque which needs another signature, and people that haven't claimed their money.
Finished watching 'Road to Perdition'. I don't think I realised before that the reason Michael (snr.) went out and killed Mr Rooney (snr.) and his croonies was so that he would then be allowed to kill Mr Rooney (jr.) cos, as they said, no-one would want him around once his old man was gone.
Am also trying to draw parallels with 'Untouchables', and, thusly, the 'real' 1930s Chicago mob scene. However, the only real common thread is Frank Nitti - who in 'Road to Perdition' is a neat, polite, head boss type guy, and in 'Untouchables' is a crazy, white-suited kill everyone type guy.
I'm also a little confused that the Irish and Italian gangsters seem to be all mixed up in one big group, which I find kinda hard to believe.
Saw Federer win the open final rather easily (after the first two sets). Had a good laugh at all the silly commentators who were barracking (rather obviously) for the other guy.
Now its 10, and I'm tired and I'm gonna sleep soon. Still trying to wake up at 6 tommorrow - and hope that FD wakes up by 8 so I can get my car.......
Heres a picture of my watch. Note the three golden dials, which do nothing.
Drove V's car to church. Had the windows down initially, but it was actually too cold.
Got results for OT Survey - they had been forwarded to B's address. Got a B - 82%. A's start at 85, so thats a bit of a gyp. But, hey, I'm not complaining.
Dropped V's car back at his house, then went to WL's house for Chinese New Year lunch. Saw a bit of Alien 3 on their foxtel - it was pretty gross. Left at about 2:30.
Had to explain to parents how to install some software that had been deleted during the crisis event. It wasn't too painful....
Did more church account stuff - pretty much completely up to date now, except for one cheque which needs another signature, and people that haven't claimed their money.
Finished watching 'Road to Perdition'. I don't think I realised before that the reason Michael (snr.) went out and killed Mr Rooney (snr.) and his croonies was so that he would then be allowed to kill Mr Rooney (jr.) cos, as they said, no-one would want him around once his old man was gone.
Am also trying to draw parallels with 'Untouchables', and, thusly, the 'real' 1930s Chicago mob scene. However, the only real common thread is Frank Nitti - who in 'Road to Perdition' is a neat, polite, head boss type guy, and in 'Untouchables' is a crazy, white-suited kill everyone type guy.
I'm also a little confused that the Irish and Italian gangsters seem to be all mixed up in one big group, which I find kinda hard to believe.
Saw Federer win the open final rather easily (after the first two sets). Had a good laugh at all the silly commentators who were barracking (rather obviously) for the other guy.
Now its 10, and I'm tired and I'm gonna sleep soon. Still trying to wake up at 6 tommorrow - and hope that FD wakes up by 8 so I can get my car.......
Heres a picture of my watch. Note the three golden dials, which do nothing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home