Apu-like storeowner - "Celebrate the independance of your country by blowing up a small part of it"
Woke up about 8:45. Had my shower, ate a little breakfast, read a little bit more of 'Prayer: Letters to Malcolm'. Then it was 9:30 and time to leave.
Had prayer and stuff till 1. Quite a small group, but fun.
Then went across the road for lunch - ended up at Snaak again, cos Taurus was full (dur!). There were some like tame birds just sitting outside. There were two big cockatoos, one which was just sitting there saying 'hello', and the other was running around looking for people to bite. Then the guy comes out and they say it bites and he goes 'no, no', so my namesake+y reaches out to pat it and it bites him. Then it was running after peoples shoes. Anyway....
After I finished and came out, it was sitting in the middle of the sidewalk drinking A&M Root Beer. Explain it all, I guess....
Then we all went off to Shelley foreshore - got there about 2:30. Kicked a bit of soccer, played some Taboo and Chinese Checkers, ate some hotdogs, drank some coke. Some other people played a bit of cricket (ahem). I saw The Tishbite playing with some kiddies half his size, but not letting up on the ferocity of the bowling action. I tried sitting in a tree - worked well for a while.
Fireworks started at 8. They were.....great. As said the two guys next to me, too. I think the part they enjoyed most was yelling at the people that kept walking in front of us. Though some of the music was OK.
Went back by Fremantle, cos I'm pretty sure the narrows was closed. Got back about 9:15. Super tired. And still have to work tommorrow......
Had prayer and stuff till 1. Quite a small group, but fun.
Then went across the road for lunch - ended up at Snaak again, cos Taurus was full (dur!). There were some like tame birds just sitting outside. There were two big cockatoos, one which was just sitting there saying 'hello', and the other was running around looking for people to bite. Then the guy comes out and they say it bites and he goes 'no, no', so my namesake+y reaches out to pat it and it bites him. Then it was running after peoples shoes. Anyway....
After I finished and came out, it was sitting in the middle of the sidewalk drinking A&M Root Beer. Explain it all, I guess....
Then we all went off to Shelley foreshore - got there about 2:30. Kicked a bit of soccer, played some Taboo and Chinese Checkers, ate some hotdogs, drank some coke. Some other people played a bit of cricket (ahem). I saw The Tishbite playing with some kiddies half his size, but not letting up on the ferocity of the bowling action. I tried sitting in a tree - worked well for a while.
Fireworks started at 8. They were.....great. As said the two guys next to me, too. I think the part they enjoyed most was yelling at the people that kept walking in front of us. Though some of the music was OK.
Went back by Fremantle, cos I'm pretty sure the narrows was closed. Got back about 9:15. Super tired. And still have to work tommorrow......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home