Monday, December 19, 2005

Marge: "Bart, can you Moe the lawn today?"

Bart: "OK, but you promised me Moe money"
Lisa: "After that, can we Moe to the Moe-vies to see a Moe-tinae?"
Marge: "Well, all Moe and no Moe makes Moe a Moe Moe"

Worked 9-4.

Went to Harvest West to hand in my enrolment for next semester - 2 units, being Bible Study Methods (which I, um, probably should've done first) and Intro to Theology. They are both running 'live', so it will be a little different - the DVDs of the lectures will be sent out one at a time after the week of lectures is over.
So thats that settled, then.

After that, went straight to B's house. And I say straight, but it was down Orrong road onto Great Eastern Highway onto Shepperton road onto Albany highway onto Leach. And it took considerable time. Especially since Shepperton road/Albany highway is only two lanes - one lane has buses stopping, and the other has cars turning right.

When I got there, it occured to me I didn't have the key. I thus waited in the driveway for half an hour for Pastor to sign house purchase related documents. I then rang WL junior to try and get a spare key. She told me to ring WL senior who would be home at 6:15. I did - but then it was 6 and The Simpsons was on - and I was at V's house with his super large screen TV with surround sound - and it wasn't a great episode, but it has that cool Flaming Moe's song - and we were having dinner at 6:30; so I figured I didn't have the time and that I'd just do the stuff tommorrow instead.

Ate V's families' leftovers as they went out to an uncle's house for dinner.

Watched 'Meet the Fockers' on their lovely TV. Unfortunately, the loveliness of the TV didn't save the film - it was another very OK comedy. Robert DeNiro, Dustin Hoffman and even Barbara Streisand were great at their acting - but the humour was so shallow and toilet referenced. Most of the huge conflict making situations were just passed over - and there was absolutely no explanation of things like why Ben Stiller lied under the influence of a truth drug.

Four days till 2.5 week holiday. Inc. Christmas, of course. Might try and do my Christmas shopping tommorrow - not much stuff that I MUST get, but there is a little bit of stuff I WANT to get - like a new pillow, and some new clothes. Plus, I'm thinking about indulging in a nice case, cos my bags always fall to pieces. One of those $100 solid leather things, with the Pulp Fiction-esque snapping combination locks. Sweet.....

One of those 'you learn something new everyday' things - saw V's dad drumming. And, although I know very little about drumming; he seemed to be rather talented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home