Homer: "I work at the nuclear power plant"
Homer's mother: "Oh, Homer..."
Homer: "Well, I'll have you know, I don't work very hard!"
(whispers)
"Actually, I'm secretly bringing the plant down from the inside"
(nods and taps nose knowingly)
Worked 9-4. Last day for about a week, since I have my exam, and I need to study. Hah!
Went to the new house straight after work and did some unpacking. Essentially, unpacked my kitchen stuff and left it in a mess on the bench, took my bed and desk and left it in pieces upstairs and moved my TV cabinet into position and got the 'home entertainment system' basically in working order.
My package arrived from Amazon today - thats two weeks early, so I could've just opted for the cheaper, slower shipping. The main thing that would've delayed it is the Starsailor CD, which ended up shipping seperately, anyway. In fact, I don't know if its even been shipped as of today.
It included - the soundtrack to the Ghost in the Shell series (especially the brilliant 'Inner universe' and the quite good 'Lithium flower'), Sienfeld series' 5 and 6, The Mummy bilogy (hah! - biology), The Matrix Reloaded, the Christmas present for my parents (Fawlty Towers) and an advanced Mandarin grammar book.
Went to V's house for chicken rice - for another unknown kinda reason. After the food, watched some episodes from Sienfeld season 5 (which FD suggested I take) - cos they have a super big projection TV thing - and, I have to admit, it was pretty darned impressive.
Got home about 11. Watched the rest of 'Closer'. It, as I suspected, got considerably worse, and ended with no real surprises and nothing being resolved and not much changed from about 15 minutes in. A rather ridiculous film. I'm sure it was only recognised due to the frankness and lewdness. Sorta like an 'American Beauty' type thing, but a bit closer to home. Maybe.
Saw a RoadRunner cartoon on another disc. Unfortunately, it wasn't the RoadRunner show - just a segment on Merry Melodies. So there was no theme song, and it was missing Wylie Coyote's more elaborate schemes. But there were some glimpses of genius - in one segment, Wylie Coyote set-up a drink stand (just after a sign saying 'no water for 700 miles'), and connected the glass inside a box to ignite some TNT. RoadRunner then held up a sign saying that 'RoadRunner's can't read and don't drink'. Then, sometime later, Wylie Coyote got into a failed experiment using rocket skates, which left him in a crater. He crawled out very parched and drank the water, thus igniting the TNT.
The next scheme (and the last in the episode) he got two fake bushes at the side of the road and put a piece of railway track between them. He then held up a stop sign, warning of coming train. RoadRunner just ran straight past and he ended up on the track. And then, of course, a train came along and ran him over.
I just finished watching the extended trailer for 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe'. Lasted about 10 minutes - no exaggeration. Actually, it might've been more like 15. Looks quite good - though they focussed on certain bits and completely skipped other bits, which concerns me that they're screwing around with the story. Still, its the first film I'm looking forward to watching for a long time.
Man. Tis late.
Homer: "Well, I'll have you know, I don't work very hard!"
(whispers)
"Actually, I'm secretly bringing the plant down from the inside"
(nods and taps nose knowingly)
Worked 9-4. Last day for about a week, since I have my exam, and I need to study. Hah!
Went to the new house straight after work and did some unpacking. Essentially, unpacked my kitchen stuff and left it in a mess on the bench, took my bed and desk and left it in pieces upstairs and moved my TV cabinet into position and got the 'home entertainment system' basically in working order.
My package arrived from Amazon today - thats two weeks early, so I could've just opted for the cheaper, slower shipping. The main thing that would've delayed it is the Starsailor CD, which ended up shipping seperately, anyway. In fact, I don't know if its even been shipped as of today.
It included - the soundtrack to the Ghost in the Shell series (especially the brilliant 'Inner universe' and the quite good 'Lithium flower'), Sienfeld series' 5 and 6, The Mummy bilogy (hah! - biology), The Matrix Reloaded, the Christmas present for my parents (Fawlty Towers) and an advanced Mandarin grammar book.
Went to V's house for chicken rice - for another unknown kinda reason. After the food, watched some episodes from Sienfeld season 5 (which FD suggested I take) - cos they have a super big projection TV thing - and, I have to admit, it was pretty darned impressive.
Got home about 11. Watched the rest of 'Closer'. It, as I suspected, got considerably worse, and ended with no real surprises and nothing being resolved and not much changed from about 15 minutes in. A rather ridiculous film. I'm sure it was only recognised due to the frankness and lewdness. Sorta like an 'American Beauty' type thing, but a bit closer to home. Maybe.
Saw a RoadRunner cartoon on another disc. Unfortunately, it wasn't the RoadRunner show - just a segment on Merry Melodies. So there was no theme song, and it was missing Wylie Coyote's more elaborate schemes. But there were some glimpses of genius - in one segment, Wylie Coyote set-up a drink stand (just after a sign saying 'no water for 700 miles'), and connected the glass inside a box to ignite some TNT. RoadRunner then held up a sign saying that 'RoadRunner's can't read and don't drink'. Then, sometime later, Wylie Coyote got into a failed experiment using rocket skates, which left him in a crater. He crawled out very parched and drank the water, thus igniting the TNT.
The next scheme (and the last in the episode) he got two fake bushes at the side of the road and put a piece of railway track between them. He then held up a stop sign, warning of coming train. RoadRunner just ran straight past and he ended up on the track. And then, of course, a train came along and ran him over.
I just finished watching the extended trailer for 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe'. Lasted about 10 minutes - no exaggeration. Actually, it might've been more like 15. Looks quite good - though they focussed on certain bits and completely skipped other bits, which concerns me that they're screwing around with the story. Still, its the first film I'm looking forward to watching for a long time.
Man. Tis late.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home