Saturday, December 10, 2005

Lisa: "Sigh. Thursday. Meatloaf night. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be"

Using the above quote to represent, in a round about way, the return to some sort of routine: ie, going shopping and renting movies. Since I have next week off. And, though I have to study, you can rest assured that I won't overdo it.

Only rented 9 films. Was almost tempted to buy Road to Perdition (ex-rental) for $7, and The Sixth Sense for $15. Plus, they also had X-Men 2 for $15. But I resisted - I may consider it more seriously if I go again and they're still there.

Watched 'Rambo' first off. It was an OK action flick, but its very difficult to understand what Sylvester Stallone says - its therefore a plus that he hardly says anything. The 'plot' was really just way too stupid - it was really action for action's sake. Quite forgettable.

Watched 'Formula 51' after that, starring Samuel L Jackson and Robert Carlyle. Quite an enjoyable film, though not really very solid in terms of plot. But quite light-hearted, and some nice camerawork. And the odd interesting bit of dialogue.

Played a bit more AOEII. I started a new game moving up to medium difficulty. Unfortunately, I kinda forgot until suddenly everyone began upgrading to feudal age - which, in easier levels, they wait until you do. So I may have left it too late, so may not last much longer.

Watched 'Rambo II' then. A much holier plot even that the first one. And too ridiculously full of 'American pride' stuff. 'Nuff said.

Watched The Simpsons in the middle of that. It was a newer episode - where Lisa tries to save the oldest tree in Springfield. A great episode due to the song at the end:
"This log is my log, this log is your log, when lightning struck it, it kicked the bucket....."etc.

Watched 'Conan the barbarian' after that - a rather long and draggy show. James Earl Jones was great, as always, but there wasn't a good mix between the fantasy and the reality. Still, considering thats Arnie's film debut, he did a pretty OK job of it.

Did a little bit of church account stuff after that. But just a little.

Finally opened my CA tube with the official certificate inside, and discovered there was a note which I had to send an email to them telling them I'd received it. So I did that - its only 3 or so weeks late. Hah!

Bought a kettle for my new place today - a nice stainless steel cordless thing for $30. Since I really wanted to watch 'Blade Runner' again (since I can't remember it really at all), and they only had it on video, I'll have to make time to go to the house sometime this week and watch it there. Then I can do some of my mountain of ironing (due to me taking over some of B's old clothes).

Up to half-way through the last chapter of Joshua. I tried to finish the book last night, but was way too tired - it was about 1:45. Now its only 11, but its another 8:30 service tommorrow. So, I guess, this is Joe signing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home