"I'm wide awake... I'm not sleeping" - U2, Bad
No internet yesterday. So this entry is for two days.
Worked 9 - 4. Left at 4 cos it was Friday.
Discovered the house had chickens, so went out the back to visit them. Just a short visit though, cos I should've been working.
Continued reading the Burns chapter in The Simpsons book, and, again, he branches out into unrelated stuff. At least this time, though, its unrelated to Burns but still The Simpsons - the chapter is also devoted as much to Lindsey Naegal as it is to Burns.
When I got home, I began the lectures of week 13, being the final week. I didn't get that far, though, before B came back and wanted to do more house moving stuff. So moved a little, and did more swimming.
Finished about 8:45 and went and ate Chicken Treat for dinner. It was good, but due to my small lunch (I ran out of bread, so only had 1.5 sandwiches), and, I guess, all the swimming, it was no-where near enough.
Got home, and I was very tired. But there was more rubbish to be thrown away - I filled about 6 garbage bags with 'under the stairs' rubbish, which was added to the mountainous piles outside. Its like The Simpsons episode where Homer refuses to apologise to the garbagemen so they cancel his service.
After that, started watching NGE: Death and Rebirth. But I didn't get very far - way too tired. Slept around 11:45 - and didn't do my QT.
Friday
Worked 9 - 4. Left at 4 cos it was Friday.
Discovered the house had chickens, so went out the back to visit them. Just a short visit though, cos I should've been working.
Continued reading the Burns chapter in The Simpsons book, and, again, he branches out into unrelated stuff. At least this time, though, its unrelated to Burns but still The Simpsons - the chapter is also devoted as much to Lindsey Naegal as it is to Burns.
When I got home, I began the lectures of week 13, being the final week. I didn't get that far, though, before B came back and wanted to do more house moving stuff. So moved a little, and did more swimming.
Finished about 8:45 and went and ate Chicken Treat for dinner. It was good, but due to my small lunch (I ran out of bread, so only had 1.5 sandwiches), and, I guess, all the swimming, it was no-where near enough.
Got home, and I was very tired. But there was more rubbish to be thrown away - I filled about 6 garbage bags with 'under the stairs' rubbish, which was added to the mountainous piles outside. Its like The Simpsons episode where Homer refuses to apologise to the garbagemen so they cancel his service.
After that, started watching NGE: Death and Rebirth. But I didn't get very far - way too tired. Slept around 11:45 - and didn't do my QT.
Saturday
Woke around 7:30 - B had already left the house. I did a little bit of intermittent packing, but mainly I continued lectures for week 13. Got to a little way into the start of lecture 3 when B came back announcing the arrival of his removalists.
When everyone had left, I finished off week 13. So, thats it with the lectures. Now, just a week or so to go before the exam. And not a lot of time to study for it.
I then continued watching NGE: Death and Rebirth. Got to the end of Death and started a little of Rebirth, then it was getting to 'heady' for me, so I moved a little bit of stuff to the Bennefactor's house. I then was absolutely starving - it was about 1:30, and, due to moving, there was no food in the house (to speak of). I went to KFC - waited in line about 15 minutes or more - and had the King Kong Smokey BBQ and Bacon 'Filler' Combo Upgrade - $9.45. But, it did its job. Having to drive back from Subi to my house with the smell in the car was unbelievably agonising.
When everyone had left, I finished off week 13. So, thats it with the lectures. Now, just a week or so to go before the exam. And not a lot of time to study for it.
I then continued watching NGE: Death and Rebirth. Got to the end of Death and started a little of Rebirth, then it was getting to 'heady' for me, so I moved a little bit of stuff to the Bennefactor's house. I then was absolutely starving - it was about 1:30, and, due to moving, there was no food in the house (to speak of). I went to KFC - waited in line about 15 minutes or more - and had the King Kong Smokey BBQ and Bacon 'Filler' Combo Upgrade - $9.45. But, it did its job. Having to drive back from Subi to my house with the smell in the car was unbelievably agonising.
Ate it while watching the end of Evangelion - spooky!
The rest of my afternoon - till 4, or so, was spent moving more stuff to the Bennefactor's house - my computer and my clothes, mainly.
So there is still a large amount of stuff in the house, but all of it has to go to the new house - I have moved only 2 half bags so far. Maybe do some more tommorrow afternoon? MAYbe....
Went for dinner at HKBBQ with various people. Didn't eat duck. Then went to Gelaro in Subi (never been before) and I had some choc chip icecream thingy.
And that was that.
Now, what am I going to eat for lunch on Monday? Its very close to Broadway here - I guess I'll have to buy something from there tommorrow.
8:30 service tommorrow, too. I am not looking forward to that!
I remember more interesting stuff happening the past two days. But its late(ish), I'm worn-out, and, thus, I don't remember specifics.
Just a note about the quote - sort of an ironic statement regarding my tiredness. But, also, since the lecturer is a far of Liverpool, Star Wars and, more to the point, U2, and that he likes the way Bono presents the gospel in a very down to earth kinda way - he played a U2 DVD (I THINK its the live from Boston one, but it seemed fairly oldish) which went from Bad, to the chorus of 40, to Where the Streets have no name.
And I think the point is that Bad is a song about bad stuff, essentially - "isolation, disclocation" etc. Then 40 says "how long to sing this song?", then Where the Streets have no name is about heaven.
But the lecturer made the point in the first week that Bono had all these (probably) non-Christian people singing a song that is taken (bar that one line) straight from Psalm 40. Then into a song about heaven. Anyway....
The rest of my afternoon - till 4, or so, was spent moving more stuff to the Bennefactor's house - my computer and my clothes, mainly.
So there is still a large amount of stuff in the house, but all of it has to go to the new house - I have moved only 2 half bags so far. Maybe do some more tommorrow afternoon? MAYbe....
Went for dinner at HKBBQ with various people. Didn't eat duck. Then went to Gelaro in Subi (never been before) and I had some choc chip icecream thingy.
And that was that.
Now, what am I going to eat for lunch on Monday? Its very close to Broadway here - I guess I'll have to buy something from there tommorrow.
8:30 service tommorrow, too. I am not looking forward to that!
I remember more interesting stuff happening the past two days. But its late(ish), I'm worn-out, and, thus, I don't remember specifics.
Just a note about the quote - sort of an ironic statement regarding my tiredness. But, also, since the lecturer is a far of Liverpool, Star Wars and, more to the point, U2, and that he likes the way Bono presents the gospel in a very down to earth kinda way - he played a U2 DVD (I THINK its the live from Boston one, but it seemed fairly oldish) which went from Bad, to the chorus of 40, to Where the Streets have no name.
And I think the point is that Bad is a song about bad stuff, essentially - "isolation, disclocation" etc. Then 40 says "how long to sing this song?", then Where the Streets have no name is about heaven.
But the lecturer made the point in the first week that Bono had all these (probably) non-Christian people singing a song that is taken (bar that one line) straight from Psalm 40. Then into a song about heaven. Anyway....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home