Thursday, December 08, 2005

Homer: "Well, at least I got him as well as he got me"

(walks around and sees that hes crashed into his other car)
Homer: "Doh!"

Worked 9-4.

Have finally finished the stuff for one year. So now only 2005 and half of 2006, as well as the superfund for the same to go.
Due to my taking next week off, and them going away for two weeks, he is now prediciting a finish around 26th January. But even that may be a little optimistic.

The quote, unfortunately, has application - I had an altercation with a pole, thus confirming my belief that I can't drive at low speeds. Maybe I'll get time to take it to a panel beaters tommorrow and find out how much it is - I gather its gonna be similar to the last one (around $600) and thus not worth bothering with the insurance thing. Since I'm having next week off, I guess I should try and find one around here - cos I know FD isn't gonna want to have to drive far.

Watched 'Kung Fu Hustle' - finally! Was a very good show - but I thought there would be more dancing (as in, sort of crossed with fighting type dancing), and parts of it were just a little too close to shaolin soccer - as in, going over the top and a little too silly with the special effects action, and not concentrating on the choreography. But the parts which were 'homaging' The Matrix and Kill Bill were, on the whole, done quite well, and actually looked more realistic. I thought the part, for instance, where the hero leapt from gound to stair across building wall to high wires looked much more believable than, say, similar type scenes in Crouching Tiger or Hero.

Started watching 'Closer'. Unfortunately, so far, its turning out just as I thought it would. Except that the people, when they want to be, are way too honest. Which just makes it strange. I think Jude Law and Julia Roberts are good, but Natalie Portmann's character has 0 personality, and the other guy seems extremely fake - in terms of bad acting.

Yay, Ghost in the Shell resumed this week - though 10 minutes later than normal. Not a great episode - more than half was taken up almost solely by the irritating Tachkoma robot. The remainder was OK, but too short to really mean anything.

And after that was the Cowboy BeBop movie - unfortunately, it ends at 12:30, so I only watched about 20 minutes of it. Due to the fact I'm in the middle of moving house, I don't have a VCR connected. Attempted to get V to tape it for me, but he didn't even quote Bart's "can't say I'll try, but I'll try to try" line - so I may have to miss it. Pity....it looked quite entertaining. And a little different from the standard Anime plot.

Read a little more of my textbook - though really just one more section. Still in the 'Divided Monarchy' chapter - up to Elisha now, so I guess its near the end.
Still up to Joshua 21 or so - and again, won't be able to read much tonight. I was super tired this morning after the like post 12:00 thing last night.

More rain today - and I thought I heard the radio say there will be rain on Sunday - another reason to go late to Jamiroquai. Ohhhhhhhhhh dear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home