Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fanatical Itchy & Scratchy movie devotee: "I regret nothing!"

Got up at 9.

Started watching Fried Green Tomatoes, which is gonna be like these movies are, I'm sure. Grr.

Went over to Mogli's house about 11. Its like 25 degrees to day, so wearing shorts outside for the first time in a while. Its funny though how very few people listen to the weather, or how programmed they are into thinking that its winter so they have to wear wintry stuff.

Went down to Target (first off) to buy these like 17 x $5 presents for the lucky dip for the Christmas in July (in August) on Thursday. Why Mogli seems to insist on nominating himself for these things is beyond me - cos he always goes on and on about how much the whole thing sucks. Anyway, so we got 11 from Target, including a $5 Target gift voucher (my idea) and this 4 cup set for $4. We ended up thinking the latter was too much, so just gave them 1 cup with something inside, and took the other cups for ourselves.
Then went to Jamaica Blue and had coffee. It wasn't much better than Brew-Ha.
Then went to Woolworths liquor and Mogli got like 4 bottles of $5 plonk. Quality stuff....
For the other two we got scratchies.

Went back to Mogli's house after that. Watched some football, playing some exhausting Wii during half time.
In middle there somewhere tried to watch Jerry Maguire and Kramer vs Kramer on two separate Foxtel channels at the same time. But only for about 15 minutes. Cos they're two that I want to see but haven't seen. Oh well.
Then watched Thank God You're Here from week 2 what I couldn't watch on my VCR - cos it broke. Then watched some more while Mogli was wrapping all the presents - and complaining some more about how bad they all were.
Left about 4.

Watched the rest of Fried Green Tomatoes. Yeah, nothing new there.

Then watched Zoo TV live from Sydney - a U2 concert. It was OK, but I think the Slane Castle I borrowed from V was quite a bit better.

Then watched movies on TV - it was Deep Impact on 7, Forest Gump on 9 and Amelie on SBS. I basically watched the whole of the latter, but it started an hour later than the others, so I was mainly watching Deep Impact at the start and just looking at Forest Gump in the ad breaks.

Slept about 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home