Thursday, June 07, 2007

"Don't call me Shirley" - Leslie Neilson, Airplane!

Got up just before 7. Bah...

Made lunch, but didn't have breakfast again, cos I had to go down to the city and thus didn't really have enough time.

Mogli was just coming in as I was leaving. I told him I wouldn't be long, which I realised just after was probably quite wrong.
The corner of St George's Terrace just outside QV1 was really windy, and the traffic lights took a while to change - my side was got quite numb.

Was doing lots of stuff, and just managed to finish all the important stuff by about 12:45. Then some people there were going to some conference, and my office was on the way, so I got a lift. Which was nice.
So I got back just before lunch time.

Not that I really needed to, cos nobody went anywhere - mainly cos of the bad weather, I guess. Anyway, it was quite boring.

Did more of that BAS stuff for that client in the afternoon. Though, at least, it was for the next month.

Ordered some more stuff from Amazon, including Seinfeld season 8, Deadwood season 3 and Se7en ( the film - which means I now have that director's power trilogy - he did The Game, Se7en and Fight Club all in a row). But then Mogli rang me about 7 or so (oooh....coincidence. Um, or not) and said that Big W was advertising Deadwood for like $20 cheaper than the Amazon price. So I cancelled that part of my order. Which meant that it shipped sooner, cos it is released a week later in the US, for some reason, even though Seinfeld is released earlier and its cheaper. Bizarre...

Left at 5:30.

Watched The Simpsons.
Then I got Hungry Jacks for dinner. I got the Chicken BLT, cos its new (I think - the advertisements are new, at least). I wanted onion rings instead of the fries, so I ordered that, and they thus upped the price by 50c or so. But then when I was really hungry in the car so I decided to start on the onion rings - they were actually fries instead. Great. And it was a very faithful chicken BLT. The country style chicken is too strong, and that's the only flavour you get, really.
Watched Big Brother. And isn't that Emma just so silly? Yes.

Started watching Airplane! then (or Flying High! as it was called in this country - who knows why?). I think, that for the zany type film that it is, its not zany enough. When I was watching the last bit of, what I think was, The Naked Gun 33 1/3, there was so much zany stuff going on - in nearly every scene. But in this, its really limited, and so much more subtle. I think that if I hadn't gone on I.M.D.B. before and read all the funny quotes, I would've missed a lot of the repeated lines and that kinda stuff. Still, there are some great moments:
"Roger, Roger."
"We need clearance, Clarence."
"What's our vector, Victor?"
ah....

Watched My Name is Earl, which was another quite very good episode. A little bit too warm and fuzzy though, perhaps. Like I care.
Then watched SVU, which was also quite good. I mean, compared to the episodes at the start of this season. I suspect they're trying to do something with Elliot, though. Cos the last few episodes have been concentrating on him almost to the exclusion of all others.

Kept watching Airplane!, before I slept about 11. I mean, who cares, right? Its just casual day tomorrow. I also managed to finally read one or two pages in my new book, which is Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien. I had hoped to steer clear of his for a change for a while, but there's nothing else, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home