Thursday, May 31, 2007

Homer: "Whenever Poochie goes off screen, all the other characters should be asking - 'where's Poochie?'"

Had breakfast this morning. But no lunch food left.

Mogli was in today, but left at about 11:45 cos he wasn't feeling well again. And I was down at his dad's place till 11, so he might as well of not been there, really. As everybody else said, I think, which got him all emotional and stuff...

I got back some of the queries what I sent off yesterday, with a note that it had to be done by tomorrow. Well, that's impossible. Oh well.

Got a small latte from the coffee guy. It was better than yesterday, for some reason. Still not really that good, of cos.

Bought lunch from the local shop. Got a chicken schnitzel burger. It was pretty tasty, but would've been nicer if I had more time to enjoy it in nicer surroundings - cos when I got back the partner was in the boardroom, so I had to sit at my desk and there was some guy wandering around who was replacing some roof panels and it was noisy and stuff. So I got halfway through my roll and then they decided that they didn't want to be in the boardroom no more. So the rest was OK....
And I took my book, this time. Although I didn't read any of it. Ai, why do I care - its so bad.
Then went for a walk with WAB? and NewReceptionist down to Stickybeaks, but we were actually having a stickybeak ourselves at the NextGeneration Kings Park Club thingy. Most of it was off limits to mere visitors such as ourselves, and a lot of what we could see wasn't finished. Nyeh.

So came back and was doing some work for a tiny bit, then some partner came up asking 'where's Mogli', and of cos its like - um, he went home about 3 hours ago. So I had to help him with some MYOB BAS set-up problem. Then about 5 minutes later he comes down and says that we should go down to that client who is never there. And he rings them, and they're there. So we drove down - even though it was Altona street, which is like 3 streets across.
Saw a expensive Audi (or something) with fold up side mirrors. Great.
Met the clients. They didn't seem as incompetent as they seem to be.....
Apparently they own the whole building. Although, its not that impressive. Looks OK from the outside, but the lift was bad. And, coincidentally, the only client I went out to from my last firm is in the building next door. Great.

Got back and did more stuff. Well, for about 10 minutes until the panel replacement guy got up to my desk, so I had to go sit at Mogli's desk while he mucked around for about an hour.

Then I was trying to finish off stuff. And managed to do most of it. Still.....
Left at 5:30. My eyes were really tired.

Watched a bit more of The 40 Year Old Virgin. Its not getting no better, and is thus getting worse, cos its more of the same, and that same is getting real monotonous.

Watched The Simpsons, Big Brother, My Name is Earl and SVU. Nothing to write home about, really. Though I think they lied to me with that SVU ad. Liars....

I watched a bit more of that show. Nothing else to say.

Slept about 10:30. I finished another chapter of that terrible book, then just skimmed through the next two. And resolved to do that for the remainder, which is about half. Such a feeling of relief, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home