Thursday, October 19, 2006

Helicopter guy: "Nothing could possibli go wrong. Um, possiblY go wrong. That's the first thing that's ever gone wrong"

Got up about 6:30. So I was able to make lunch and still get to the office by 7:30. And thus when I left to walk down to the city client at 7:45, the coffee guy was there.

Got a small latte with 1.5 - it was very bitter. I shall have to go back to getting the normal size again, even though I can never finish it.

It was rather warm today, even though I didn't wear my jacket.

Stayed down there till 12. Finally managed to pay some money. It felt very satisfying.

Walked down to the ANZ bank with Mogli and W&, cos Mogli wanted to put access to his savings account on his credit card - like mine, y'see? Anyway, it was pretty warm. I was looking for a brochure on asset financing, so I could ping them on some tax technicality of leases v loans v HPs v Chattel Mortgages, or something.... but couldn't find nothing.

Reviewed some more of Mogli's work. Took a long time, but hopefully there won't be people complaining to other people, or whatever. At least, not as much.

Left work at 5, cos it was really slow and stuff. Went to 13's house at 5:30. I got there about 5 minutes before him, so did some of his weeding. Damn.... this inability to do the whole home ownership thing really irritates me.
Swam for a bit, but it was a little bit too cold.

On the way to dinner picked up Nam, cos he had to pick up his car from Brian Gardner servicing - apparently its open till 10pm every night. I also looked at his house, which wasn't spectacular on the outside, and wasn't very big - but his interior decorating was quite good. Although he said he never uses his kitchen - I didn't ask why.

Went for dinner at Spencer Village. I hadn't been there for a while, and they've updated the numbering on the tables - its now in sections as well. Got some noodle thing with meat. It was alright - I shoulda gone with the 3 meat rice, though. The three of us drank 2 caraffes of $3 Soya bean. Plus we had some Malaysian sticky rice stuff to begin with - that was damn tasty.
Went back to 13's house and watched part of the rest of Ray. But it was about 11pm, so I went back home - although taking 13's key, cos he's going away for the weekend till Toosday and I'm supposed to guard the house.

Slept straight away, but that was about 11:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home