Bart: "Lise, in this topsy-turvy world, who's to say what's right and what's wrong?"
Woke up about 8:15. I checked my clock, and it said that, so I tried to sleep some more. It didn't work. So I looked at my clock again about 8:30, and realised that I had forgotten to turn on the alarm last night (although I switched it to the right time and checked that it was loud enough). So I got up then....I figured I could watch TV anyway.
Which I did - I kept watching The West Wing. Watched about an episode and a half. Left the house at 10. I figured at 10:30 there would be people around of whom I could get a front door key. Or, at least, find some people to pay money to.
So, it turned out that there was access through the side door, anyway. And I thought the paving was supposed to be done in a week and a half - its barely a quarter done so far.
Went to lunch with 13, who was there by himself cos o is away overseas (and V's thesis is doo tomorrow, so he wasn't around, neither). He wanted to buy pool stuff first, though, so we went back to his house to get a sample. And the water looked nice enough....cept that it was full of leaves - which kept clogging the kreepy krawley thing.
Anyway, it turned out the pool needed 180kg of salt, 5L of chlorine and acid and stabiliser before it was even remotely swimmable - so when I swam two weeks ago, apparently that was some sort of death sentence.
Nam came over as well, and we all went to Bullcreek Hawker for lunch. Saw Ps there - actually, he was waiting in the car for someone else to buy takeaway. But he wandered over later. Had three meat rice, which was pretty tasty. Also got some fries from Jesters, which were pretty darn nice. Plus, its a large serving for $2.50. Better than the 'more chip' place in my opinion - though Mogli won't want me saying that.
Went back to 13's house and put the pool stuff in. It really didn't look very impressive. And the kreepy krawley was being unpleasant.
Finally went inside and ate some Krispy Kreme. I tried to ensure that next time I ordered some, that I'd get the sampler instead of just the plain stuff - I mean, seriously, who would prefer the plain? As Homer says "Great, plain cake donuts! Thanks for taking all the fancies, guys! Why can't I ever get here on time....."
Then I was helping 13 and Nam with their tax returns....doo in like 2 weeks, may I add? 13's estimate was almost halved, and Nam got a large refund..... and I guess most of it was legal. To a point.
Watched a bit of Foxtel after that. Saw some extreme house makeover show, which was just insane. I mean, it puts Backyard Blitz or Renovation Rescue to shame...... it was just ridiculously over the top. And there was way too much screaming when the people came back again.
Then there was Last Comic Standing, which is like Survivour/Big Brother/Idol for stand-up comedians. It wasn't bad....but it wasn't that funny. There was a tiny bit of stand-up at the end, and there was a pitch for a TV show which was kinda OK, and there was the odd giggly comment or prank.....
Tried to watch Australian Idol, but it really wasn't good. So I watched more West Wing instead.
Then I watched The Bourne Identity, cos it was on. And its pretty good. But the Bourne Supremacy is on next week, and that film sucked. Though I would mainly blame the horrible camerawork. Maybe it won't be so bad on TV....
Saw bits of 'The Most Inspirational Movies of All Time'. And I seriously don't know how they choose these films. I saw The Colour Purple and Dead Poets Society in the 50s..... The top 4 were Rocky, Schindler's List, To Kill a Mockingbird and Its a Wonderful Life. I donno.....
Slept about 12:30.
Which I did - I kept watching The West Wing. Watched about an episode and a half. Left the house at 10. I figured at 10:30 there would be people around of whom I could get a front door key. Or, at least, find some people to pay money to.
So, it turned out that there was access through the side door, anyway. And I thought the paving was supposed to be done in a week and a half - its barely a quarter done so far.
Went to lunch with 13, who was there by himself cos o is away overseas (and V's thesis is doo tomorrow, so he wasn't around, neither). He wanted to buy pool stuff first, though, so we went back to his house to get a sample. And the water looked nice enough....cept that it was full of leaves - which kept clogging the kreepy krawley thing.
Anyway, it turned out the pool needed 180kg of salt, 5L of chlorine and acid and stabiliser before it was even remotely swimmable - so when I swam two weeks ago, apparently that was some sort of death sentence.
Nam came over as well, and we all went to Bullcreek Hawker for lunch. Saw Ps there - actually, he was waiting in the car for someone else to buy takeaway. But he wandered over later. Had three meat rice, which was pretty tasty. Also got some fries from Jesters, which were pretty darn nice. Plus, its a large serving for $2.50. Better than the 'more chip' place in my opinion - though Mogli won't want me saying that.
Went back to 13's house and put the pool stuff in. It really didn't look very impressive. And the kreepy krawley was being unpleasant.
Finally went inside and ate some Krispy Kreme. I tried to ensure that next time I ordered some, that I'd get the sampler instead of just the plain stuff - I mean, seriously, who would prefer the plain? As Homer says "Great, plain cake donuts! Thanks for taking all the fancies, guys! Why can't I ever get here on time....."
Then I was helping 13 and Nam with their tax returns....doo in like 2 weeks, may I add? 13's estimate was almost halved, and Nam got a large refund..... and I guess most of it was legal. To a point.
Watched a bit of Foxtel after that. Saw some extreme house makeover show, which was just insane. I mean, it puts Backyard Blitz or Renovation Rescue to shame...... it was just ridiculously over the top. And there was way too much screaming when the people came back again.
Then there was Last Comic Standing, which is like Survivour/Big Brother/Idol for stand-up comedians. It wasn't bad....but it wasn't that funny. There was a tiny bit of stand-up at the end, and there was a pitch for a TV show which was kinda OK, and there was the odd giggly comment or prank.....
Tried to watch Australian Idol, but it really wasn't good. So I watched more West Wing instead.
Then I watched The Bourne Identity, cos it was on. And its pretty good. But the Bourne Supremacy is on next week, and that film sucked. Though I would mainly blame the horrible camerawork. Maybe it won't be so bad on TV....
Saw bits of 'The Most Inspirational Movies of All Time'. And I seriously don't know how they choose these films. I saw The Colour Purple and Dead Poets Society in the 50s..... The top 4 were Rocky, Schindler's List, To Kill a Mockingbird and Its a Wonderful Life. I donno.....
Slept about 12:30.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home