Vehicle repair guy: "Oh no! These tyres won't TAKE a balance!"
Woke up just before 5 to watch the supposed replay of the semi-final. However, as it had slightly occurred to me last night, supposing the game went into extra time - thats already 2 hours, and plus that from 3 its already past 5.
So, needless to say, when I turned it on it was the original game and extra time had just started. But lucky I didn't watch the game, cos there were hardly any shots on goal, just like the England vs Portugal one. And the extra time itself was pretty boring, with that useless Podolski guy screwing all of Germany's best chances. Then Italy scored 2 goals in the final 2 minutes and that was that.
So then it was only about 6 (cos I watched some weird show that was on after), so I had a shower, prayed for a bit, ate breakfast and made lunch - and it was still only 7.
Was at a clients office for most of the day - till about 3:30 or so. It was entertaining and delicious.
Left at 5, cos I only used half my lunch break. Just before I left, had a little whinge to Mogli about something....had to get it in, cos we only had an hour.
Decided to download some more stuff - like some songs that I've been wanting for ages (Bless My Soul by Powderfinger, Amazing by Josh Kelley, Life in Mono by Mono from Great Expectations, Cigarettes will kill you by Ben Lee) and also the pilot of Deadwood, cos I'd been hearing so much about it (in Sopranos HBO circles) and they never show it here (as far as I can see).
Also did my washing, cos I needed to wash my bedsheets. So now LH can relax again.....
Went to bed again at 9:15, to wake up at 3 to watch the other semi final.
And now for the photo.....
First thing I saw when I opened the new Koorong catalogue was this CD by this guy. And I thought 'great, yet another Christian artist. I'm sure he's super'. Not neccessarily being disparaging, but its like they're a dime a dozen nowadays. Imagine my shock when it turns out hes a former member of Backstreet Boys!
Now, a disclaimer: I'm a cynic. I freely admit it. But.....
Maybe its just cos I'm also a big fan of The Sopranos, and am all too familar with these scams which they are constantly trying to pull. Essentially, no area of business is taboo for them to make money, usually dishonestly; garbage, vehicle repairs, stock market....and then, Tony's sister, Janice, meets this Christian guy who has a disorder where he spontaneously falls asleep, and shes talking about CCLI and how many people it reaches; so she conspires to write a Christian song to try and make some money.
Now, I'm not saying nothing....and I wouldn't buy it anyway, cos that kinda music is not my taste.
So, needless to say, when I turned it on it was the original game and extra time had just started. But lucky I didn't watch the game, cos there were hardly any shots on goal, just like the England vs Portugal one. And the extra time itself was pretty boring, with that useless Podolski guy screwing all of Germany's best chances. Then Italy scored 2 goals in the final 2 minutes and that was that.
So then it was only about 6 (cos I watched some weird show that was on after), so I had a shower, prayed for a bit, ate breakfast and made lunch - and it was still only 7.
Was at a clients office for most of the day - till about 3:30 or so. It was entertaining and delicious.
Left at 5, cos I only used half my lunch break. Just before I left, had a little whinge to Mogli about something....had to get it in, cos we only had an hour.
Decided to download some more stuff - like some songs that I've been wanting for ages (Bless My Soul by Powderfinger, Amazing by Josh Kelley, Life in Mono by Mono from Great Expectations, Cigarettes will kill you by Ben Lee) and also the pilot of Deadwood, cos I'd been hearing so much about it (in Sopranos HBO circles) and they never show it here (as far as I can see).
Also did my washing, cos I needed to wash my bedsheets. So now LH can relax again.....
Went to bed again at 9:15, to wake up at 3 to watch the other semi final.
And now for the photo.....
First thing I saw when I opened the new Koorong catalogue was this CD by this guy. And I thought 'great, yet another Christian artist. I'm sure he's super'. Not neccessarily being disparaging, but its like they're a dime a dozen nowadays. Imagine my shock when it turns out hes a former member of Backstreet Boys!
Now, a disclaimer: I'm a cynic. I freely admit it. But.....
Maybe its just cos I'm also a big fan of The Sopranos, and am all too familar with these scams which they are constantly trying to pull. Essentially, no area of business is taboo for them to make money, usually dishonestly; garbage, vehicle repairs, stock market....and then, Tony's sister, Janice, meets this Christian guy who has a disorder where he spontaneously falls asleep, and shes talking about CCLI and how many people it reaches; so she conspires to write a Christian song to try and make some money.
Now, I'm not saying nothing....and I wouldn't buy it anyway, cos that kinda music is not my taste.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home