"Whoever heard of France beating Brazil?" - Rob Sitch, 'A River Somewhere', circa 1998
I've always remembered that quote - it was from this fishing/comedy show (as in, real life type, but making humourous observations along the way) when the two guys (Rob Sitch and Tom Gleisner) were on some tropical island, so, being isolated from the media for the time being, set up a soccer game on the beach between the two of them, when Rob was Brazil and Tom was France, and France won.
I was thinking sort of last night - "now wouldn't that be funny if it happened again?" Of course, no-one likes France, just as no-one likes Italy, except with France it extends beyond soccer a bit more, which is why I don't think anyone wanted to seriously entertain the idea of them beating Brazil. But it happened....again. 1:0. And the highlights don't show Brazil looking very potent in the slightest.
After church, which was fairly hectic what with all this shifting of furniture and new arrangements, went to Singapore Hawker. And the reason was because LH and her friend came along as well; ironically, according to V, Taurus had all these empty tables.....
Watched some Seinfeld in the afternoon. Did a bit of accounts stuff, but still mainly sorting of stuff which didn't really, again, seem to accomplish very much.
Watched 'Cheaper by the Dozen' which worked OK as a comedy/family movie, but as a morality tale trying to push a point it failed miserably, in my opinion. I don't wanna go into it, cos I don't think there is a point.
And I went to bed straight after, at like before 10:30. I must've been rather tired.....probably due to the strange sleeping hours for the last two nights.
I was thinking sort of last night - "now wouldn't that be funny if it happened again?" Of course, no-one likes France, just as no-one likes Italy, except with France it extends beyond soccer a bit more, which is why I don't think anyone wanted to seriously entertain the idea of them beating Brazil. But it happened....again. 1:0. And the highlights don't show Brazil looking very potent in the slightest.
After church, which was fairly hectic what with all this shifting of furniture and new arrangements, went to Singapore Hawker. And the reason was because LH and her friend came along as well; ironically, according to V, Taurus had all these empty tables.....
Watched some Seinfeld in the afternoon. Did a bit of accounts stuff, but still mainly sorting of stuff which didn't really, again, seem to accomplish very much.
Watched 'Cheaper by the Dozen' which worked OK as a comedy/family movie, but as a morality tale trying to push a point it failed miserably, in my opinion. I don't wanna go into it, cos I don't think there is a point.
And I went to bed straight after, at like before 10:30. I must've been rather tired.....probably due to the strange sleeping hours for the last two nights.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home