Friday, September 30, 2005

Last day!

Marge: "That's it! There's too much corruption on this force. I quit!"
(Police Officers laugh for a considerable while)
Police Chief Wiggum: "Sorry to lose you, Simpson"

Free dress day today. Didn't have much clothes left, so was forced to wear shirt which is slightly on the small side and rather faded. Still, millions times better than wearing those work clothes stuff - all of which is now in the bin, since it was almost at replacement stage anyway, and can't wear that stuff with logo no more.

Had morning tea - lots of sausage rolls, which was nice. Also various cakes and slices. Got a large number of farewell gifts - Simpsons shirt, beanie and key ring; mini Maglite; tea, Tim Tams and Coke.

Still hasn't really sunk in that I've left - I'm guessing maybe on Monday when I go for this interview and it will be a working day for everyone else. I'll also have to go back to the office, cos I left my lunch (from Thursday) in the fridge.

Went for a final stroll along my usual route. Began to feel a little nostalgic - but not really. Was going to pop in to Bankwest to see a friend there, since it may be the last time I see him at work for a while, but I figured he'd probably be busy, anyway, since he doesn't seem to work on the service counters anymore.

I guess now that I think about it and read the card I feel a little sad at having left. Although I didn't know anyone there really well, they were all friendly people and fairly genuine. Even though there were plenty of awkward moments, it does feel like I was a part of something, and now that is over and will have to be built again somewhere else. Hopefully, this experience will make it easier - I shouldn't have the overly cynical and skeptical view I had when leaving my last job.

My CA stuff didn't arrive, so I don't know what is going to happen on that front. I guess they have my number if it does go there - I think they do anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home