Countdown to a resigning - 8 (business) days to go...
Homer: "If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. THAT's the American way!"
Called back a recruitment company today to make an appointment for Thursday lunchtime. Had to make it Thursday, cos I suddenly have a client tommorrow at 12. That's, like, one day's notice - I thought it was supposed to be a week? Also, why are they making an appointment for me, because, I mean, hello?, I thought I was leaving in a week and a half? Shouldn't they be giving the 'kids' the experience? Plus, I have a rather nasty flu episode.
Ah yes. I was thinking I'd avoided it this year, since everybody had it in like July, and I was fine. Last time I had a cold was when I took my first ever sick day back in March, or so. Almost took my second today. But there's no like head stuff to make working difficult. And it may get worse before it gets better. But I really shouldn't be seeing clients in this condition.
Got a reply to my change of address email from 'The Perfect One' today, and he was being uncomfortably not perfect. I really cannot handle this. I know he's only human, and all, but I don't want to know that and I can't accept it. Because in those 6 months or so I knew him he was pretty much flawless as I remember. Certainly compared to most people I knew after that. It is unsettling, though, that the (un-famous) person I admire most is one who I cannot engage in normal conversation with, because it will almost certainly destroy my rose-coloured vision. I just cannot relate to him on my level. I just have to sit there and be agape.
Going to a meeting tonight with the FCC's newly appointed internal auditor. Having dinner first, which should be nice, though I forgot if its 6:30 or 7:30. Its probably 6:30 which will mean I'll miss the Simpsons. Also, I daresay it may take a while, so I'll probably miss the new(er) episodes on later, too. Oh well - they're never very good anyway. I don't care enough to try and argue any points, so I'll just nod and say yes. Why try and reinvent the wheel, eh? So while I agree with certain people that the system is innefficient, the vast majority of innefficiencies are there for the sake of effectiveness - ie accountability, being an open book, etc. And the rest will either cause headaches to the 'establishment' if they're changed, or not be worth the bother. And, at the moment, I don't need the bother. Talk to me about it in two weeks......
Called back a recruitment company today to make an appointment for Thursday lunchtime. Had to make it Thursday, cos I suddenly have a client tommorrow at 12. That's, like, one day's notice - I thought it was supposed to be a week? Also, why are they making an appointment for me, because, I mean, hello?, I thought I was leaving in a week and a half? Shouldn't they be giving the 'kids' the experience? Plus, I have a rather nasty flu episode.
Ah yes. I was thinking I'd avoided it this year, since everybody had it in like July, and I was fine. Last time I had a cold was when I took my first ever sick day back in March, or so. Almost took my second today. But there's no like head stuff to make working difficult. And it may get worse before it gets better. But I really shouldn't be seeing clients in this condition.
Got a reply to my change of address email from 'The Perfect One' today, and he was being uncomfortably not perfect. I really cannot handle this. I know he's only human, and all, but I don't want to know that and I can't accept it. Because in those 6 months or so I knew him he was pretty much flawless as I remember. Certainly compared to most people I knew after that. It is unsettling, though, that the (un-famous) person I admire most is one who I cannot engage in normal conversation with, because it will almost certainly destroy my rose-coloured vision. I just cannot relate to him on my level. I just have to sit there and be agape.
Going to a meeting tonight with the FCC's newly appointed internal auditor. Having dinner first, which should be nice, though I forgot if its 6:30 or 7:30. Its probably 6:30 which will mean I'll miss the Simpsons. Also, I daresay it may take a while, so I'll probably miss the new(er) episodes on later, too. Oh well - they're never very good anyway. I don't care enough to try and argue any points, so I'll just nod and say yes. Why try and reinvent the wheel, eh? So while I agree with certain people that the system is innefficient, the vast majority of innefficiencies are there for the sake of effectiveness - ie accountability, being an open book, etc. And the rest will either cause headaches to the 'establishment' if they're changed, or not be worth the bother. And, at the moment, I don't need the bother. Talk to me about it in two weeks......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home