"I am a false prophet, and God is a superstition" - Eli Sunday, There Will Be Blood
Got woken up at 9 by phone.
Saw the new Ikea store. Didn't look that big to me. Except for the carpark, I guess. And it looks like there's no real possibility of getting any furniture from there for 6 months or so. The overflow carpark was more than overflowing.
Went for There Will Be Blood at 11 at Innaloo with parents. Another great film - my pic for best picture, I think. Actually, I'd probably vote for American Gangster, but I doubt its up for nomination. V was saying that the ending confused him - but that final 'act' in 1927 was my favourite part; cos that's when Daniel Plainview's facade finally couldn't hold up any longer and his true (albeit quite insane) self was revealed. Unlike No Country for Old Men - I think that ending was, if not confusing, then unfulfilling.
And apparently the guy that wrote the score was Johnny Greenwood - who's the guitarist from Radiohead. Strange that V didn't mention that.
Had Coke at the start of the film, so had to leave halfway through due to bodily needs.
Went for lunch at the highly reputable and refined Innaloo foodcourt. I had a kebab - it was too small. So had coffee and a white choc/macadamia biscuit from the Coffee Club. Despite us sitting just outside, had to get takeaway. But the coffee was great and so was the cookie.
Wandered around a bit after that. Went and looked at phones and toilet brushes. But the low demographicness was really getting to me.
Did washing. Finally!
Watched more Notes on a Scandal. Damn, the tension is unbearable.
Watched Monster's Inc. Great. Well, its something to do, y'know?
Watched most of 50 First Dates. Strange thing was, I tried watching it on 9HD and, for some reason, there was only background noise - like soundtrack and stuff. No talking (but the ads were fine). So I had to watch on normal 9. Then at the final scene I switched back and it seemed fine. Donno WHAT was going on there.
Slept fairly early. Cos of the early waking up tomorrow. I doubt it will help.
Saw the new Ikea store. Didn't look that big to me. Except for the carpark, I guess. And it looks like there's no real possibility of getting any furniture from there for 6 months or so. The overflow carpark was more than overflowing.
Went for There Will Be Blood at 11 at Innaloo with parents. Another great film - my pic for best picture, I think. Actually, I'd probably vote for American Gangster, but I doubt its up for nomination. V was saying that the ending confused him - but that final 'act' in 1927 was my favourite part; cos that's when Daniel Plainview's facade finally couldn't hold up any longer and his true (albeit quite insane) self was revealed. Unlike No Country for Old Men - I think that ending was, if not confusing, then unfulfilling.
And apparently the guy that wrote the score was Johnny Greenwood - who's the guitarist from Radiohead. Strange that V didn't mention that.
Had Coke at the start of the film, so had to leave halfway through due to bodily needs.
Went for lunch at the highly reputable and refined Innaloo foodcourt. I had a kebab - it was too small. So had coffee and a white choc/macadamia biscuit from the Coffee Club. Despite us sitting just outside, had to get takeaway. But the coffee was great and so was the cookie.
Wandered around a bit after that. Went and looked at phones and toilet brushes. But the low demographicness was really getting to me.
Did washing. Finally!
Watched more Notes on a Scandal. Damn, the tension is unbearable.
Watched Monster's Inc. Great. Well, its something to do, y'know?
Watched most of 50 First Dates. Strange thing was, I tried watching it on 9HD and, for some reason, there was only background noise - like soundtrack and stuff. No talking (but the ads were fine). So I had to watch on normal 9. Then at the final scene I switched back and it seemed fine. Donno WHAT was going on there.
Slept fairly early. Cos of the early waking up tomorrow. I doubt it will help.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home