Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Woke up this morning...." - Alabama 3

...and realised that today be the finale of The Sopranos forever, assuming Mogli remembered to bring it in.

Got up about 6:50. Had oats and made lunch.

Got Sopranos from Mogli...

Mogli discovered that Deals Direct was selling the exact same helicopter for $20, with free shipping. So I ordered one from there, and he spent most of the day trying to weasel out of the ebay bidding, even though he had already won. So I agreed to split the difference and pay him a $5 'finders fee' - cos it looks really cool and I wouldn't have known about it if he hadn't gone ahead and bid on ebay. Plus he saved me $20+ on Deadwood last week by telling me it was so much cheaper at BigW than Amazon - and he agreed to venture into such a low-demographic store with me to buy it.

Had training in the morning, which included a surprise Banklink salesman guy giving a presentation - surprising, cos there was only one guy in the firm who knew he was coming, and he's the partner that never comes to training. Anyway, so that went for about an hour, and was, for the most part, irrelevant to most of us.
Then the rest was discussing the Rottnest trip. Great.

At least it made the morning go really fast - it was 1 before we knew it.

Had lunch, then went down to Epic for Mogli to buy me my coffee. He also had to draw money to pay for Entertainment books, and picked up more travel brochures - don't ask me why.
Just got the normal latte thing, takeaway. It didn't taste any better just cos it was free - probably cos the point is not that its free, but its my prize for winning the bet. Mogli didn't seem to understand that its more that the act of him paying represents the victory. Anyway, it was two days ago, so...
It was really warm today - we didn't even need to wear jackets.

Rest of the afternoon was the same old stuff, really. Left at 5.

Watched The Simpsons and Big Brother. Then there was more Simpsons, and more Simpsons. Bah. Wasting my time with this bad television....

And then I watched The Sopranos Grand Finale. And, apart from the odd moment, it was, as (I guess) I expected - it wasn't good. The ending was very - actually, ridiculously - open and, therefore, just silly. There is rumour of a film, or something, but, seriously. It was dumb. Really dumb. I think open endings are good sometimes, but only when preceding events suggest that the story is going to go places that will take too long to get to. Not in a long running, fairly slow moving TV series. Such a huge letdown after the last episode.
Mogli rang me to complain, but I had only just started then, so I rang him back to complain.

Kept rewatching Heroes after that. It was SO much better.

Got a message from V really late, asking me for the code on my credit card, cos he was finalising the accommodation. So that's a relief.

Slept about 10:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home