"Why don't you kick yourself out, you're an immigrant too?" - Icky Thump, The White Stripes
Its amazing for Americans how anti-American they seem to be. Quite refreshing, really.
Yes, today is the official, um, 'coming out' date of The White Stripes' 6th album, titled as the same as that afore quoted lead single. And that is such a damn good song that I feel sure it will be vastly superior to their 5th catastrophe of a record.
Got up about 8:30. Pretty surprising, that.
Yes, today is the official, um, 'coming out' date of The White Stripes' 6th album, titled as the same as that afore quoted lead single. And that is such a damn good song that I feel sure it will be vastly superior to their 5th catastrophe of a record.
Got up about 8:30. Pretty surprising, that.
Went to Mogli's house about 12. He managed to fix the transmitter thing (which had come apart), but the cigarette lighter and the radio seemed to be getting no power.
Went to Sundays Everyday (a Japanese place???) in Myaree (or something) for lunch. Some nice tasty chicken teriyaki. Like the place in Hampden road, but probably cheaper, cos its more expensive but bigger. I only ate like 3/4 and took the rest.
Went to a Toyota place, but it closed at 12. Dang.
Went to JB HiFi and bought the White Stripes CD for like $21, which was nice and cheap. Had a brief look at cameras, but only briefly. I saw a Panasonic Lumix with 10x zoom for like $399.
Then went to Harvey Norman. They also had a Panasonic Lumix with 10x zoom for like $460 with a bonus memory card, which the guy recommended (the same guy what Mogli talked to about laptops the week before). Anyway, so I told him about JB Hi-Fi, so he agreed to do a price match thing. Which was nice. But I also had to get the memory card and stuff, so it was still about $420 all told. Ah....
So then I dropped Mogli back and went home.
Sat around the house for a while doing stuff. Actually, it was mainly accounts stuff cos its salary day tomorrow. I also charged my camera battery and listened to The White Stripes album. Its nothing special, but has a lot more appeal than the previous one - thank goodness.
Went to Emma's Seafood in Vic Park for dinner, cos it was like a CMC farewell sorta thing. Really tasty food - dang! They even had fried icecream for dessert - although that actually wasn't so great. But the duck and the squid and the pork and stuff - superbness. Not very big portions, though - it was probably rather expensive.
Came back and Hollywood Homicide was on TV. So I watched that while finishing off the salary stuff. It was quite a really bad film. Nuff said, I think.
Slept about 11:30.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home